LaunchBox Community Forums

How do I update my Launchbox?

puker6

To update:

Open LB and go to >Tools>Options in the Updates section you need to check the first box. If you check the box for Auto download in Background you will not get a prompt and it will not let you know it is updating. So I typically leave that off.

To see current version:

In LB look for the Hamburger menu button in the upper left near the Launchbox logo (the three horizontal lines). Click that and go to >Help >About version will show there.

Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 10.07.17 AM.png

2 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

No, but some things may break, only update to beta if you are willing to test buggy software and report issues you come across in our beta thread.

Oh no my question is, I'm in a beta version right now, can I update out of it?

2 minutes ago, puker6 said:

Oh no my question is, I'm in a beta version right now, can I update out of it?

Oh you want to go back to the stable 11.12? Go to your Launchbox/Updates folder and install the 11.12 setup file over the top of your current install. 

Can do the following to force an immediate update check regardless of your options:

Go to Hamburger menu (three lines)
Go to Help
Selected "Check for Updates...."

This will immediately check for an updated version and download once it finds it.

2 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Can do the following to force an immediate update check regardless of your options:

Go to Hamburger menu (three lines)
Go to Help
Selected "Check for Updates...."

This will immediately check for an updated version and download once it finds it.

Did I click on the wrong thing?

16267920395088298755769619664194.jpg

1 minute ago, neil9000 said:

Ignore @C-Beats, he is wrong ;) you dont have that option in such a old version. Just do as already instructed, turn on the updates and then close and re-open Launchbox to trigger the update.

Ok I will test this, I unchecked the "update to beta releases" box and I'll close and reopen with task manager.

2 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Ignore @C-Beats, he is wrong ;) you dont have that option in such a old version. Just do as already instructed, turn on the updates and then close and re-open Launchbox to trigger the update.

lol it happens from time to time ;) . Would appear though that your version is older than when we put that menu option in. Will have to follow the mods provided steps then or just get the installer from the website.