LaunchBox Community Forums

Bunch of Errors

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean this... After I hit apply and reopen the folders properties to double check and it's back to "read only". I edit a lot of ini files and have set "read only" dozens of times and this is the first time I've ever seen this behavior.

I turned on Debug Logging. Here is that file... not sure if it will help.

Debug 2021-08-02 04-38-19 PM.log

I should be good then. I don't understand why I'm getting this error... I've installed LaunchBox dozens of times on multiple systems and have had it on this system in the past. I did a clean install of Windows 10 a few weeks back (again I've done this a dozen times over) and after installing the necessary software I added LaunchBox and here we are with this issue. I can give a list of the software I have installed but I don't think this too be the issue as I've used this software in the past with other LaunchBox installs.

Yeah, other than the fact your directories permissions are changing after you manually set them I haven't seen anything in your reports that makes it sound like it's related to another software. When you have your LaunchBox open can you navigate to \\LaunchBox\Core\LBThemes\Neon Deluxe Arcade LB\Images\ via the symlink and make sure you can navigate to that folder inside of File Explorer and see the background images that are supposed to be in that folder.

Can you try something else for me. Can you close LaunchBox/Big Box and then remove the LBThemes folder/symlink from \\LaunchBox\Core\ (if it exists) and then copy the LBThemes folder from \\LaunchBox\ TO \\LaunchBox\Core\ and then manually set the folder to readonly and start Launchbox and tell me if you still get the error.

3 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Can you try something else for me. Can you close LaunchBox/Big Box and then remove the LBThemes folder/symlink from \\LaunchBox\Core\ (if it exists) and then copy the LBThemes folder from \\LaunchBox\ TO \\LaunchBox\Core\ and then manually set the folder to readonly and start Launchbox and tell me if you still get the error.

The symlink folders (all of them) disappear when LB is closed but I did copy the LBThemes folder to the core folder (it was already marked as read only). The errors still pop up...

Something to note is that after setting it back to default and closing LB the "LBThemes" folder remains in the core directory but it's empty. Ideas?

Just so we are clear when I say "Set to readonly" that checkbox needs to be a check, not a square. A square means that some files in the folder are set to readonly but not all, a check would mean ALL are readonly so deleting the contents of that folder wouldn't even be possible if the flag was set the way I was referring to.

Does the checkbox stick? I know you were saying before unchecking that box wasn't. If that box doesn't stick or files are missing despite that being checked you may have something system side going on because that shouldn't be possible. We'd receive a IOException trying to delete anything in that folder marked read-only.

5 minutes ago, SPARTAN-117B01 said:

Can you clarify" We'd receive a IOException trying to delete anything in that folder marked read-only."?

Windows would stop our application from deleting the file. We'd get an exception or error that would appear in the logs or show in the error popup window of LaunchBox.