LaunchBox Community Forums

Issues with Startup theme and Pause theme

vgbox

My startup theme is "Big Logo", minimum start up screen is 1 second, minimum shutdown screen is 1 second, my pause theme is "Default", background priorities are set to first priority: "fanart - box - front" and second priority: "box - front". 

1.When i start a game, pause a game, or exist a game,  the background game box art is displayed way too big, how to change to a proper resolution so it shows the whole box?

2. When i exist a game using the pause menu, the screen goes back to the emulator for a second or two and only then to the exist "Game Over" screen, how to make the screen go from the pause menu directly to the "Game Over" screen?

3. How to make dolphin work with the theme's pause menu screen and exit screen when pressing xbox controllers button 11 (the big one in the middle)?

Edited by vgbox

1 hour ago, vgbox said:

1.When i start a game, pause a game, or exist a game,  the background game box art is displayed way too big, how to change to a proper resolution so it shows the whole box?

Since the theme is designed to use Background images it likely has the Stretch aspect of the image type set to either "Fill" or "UniformToFill". So with you using the box art image it is blowing the image up to fill the screen. You would have to edit the theme's code and change that piece of the code to read as: (Change UniformToFill to Uniform)

<Image Source="{Binding BackgroundImagePath}" Stretch="Uniform" RenderOptions.BitmapScalingMode="HighQuality" Height="{Binding ElementName=Canvas, Path=ActualHeight}" Width="{Binding ElementName=Canvas, Path=ActualWidth}" />

1 hour ago, vgbox said:

2.  When i exist a game using the pause menu, the screen goes back to the emulator for a second or two and only then to the exist "Game Over" screen, how to make the screen go from the pause menu directly to the "Game Over" screen?

In the Manage Emulators screen edit the emulator giving you issues and go to the Startup Tab. You can try adjust the delay there as well as try checking/unchecking the options for "Hide all Windows..." and/or "Agressive Startup". Not sure how much this will affect exiting from the Pause Menu, but worth testing. What emulator is giving you issues?

1 hour ago, vgbox said:

3.  How to make dolphin work with the theme's pause menu screen and exit screen when pressing xbox controllers button 11 (the big one in the middle)?

You might need to check the box for "Forceful Pause Screen Activation" in the emulator's settings in LB. Go to Manage Emulators and edit Dolphin. In the Pause Screen tab check the box for that and then test. Pause works fine in Dolphin and I see that box is checked in my settings.

• Thanks 1

@Retro808

1. Done. Solved. Looks so much better now!

2. All emulators give me this issue. Took Dolphin as a test: Checking aggressive startup alone crushes LB, Dolphin and windows and i have to restart the computer, checking hide all windows and messing with the delay does nothing. the problem remains. What's next?

3. Done. Solved. 

2 minutes ago, vgbox said:

2. All emulators give me this issue. Took Dolphin as a test: Checking aggressive startup alone crushes LB, Dolphin and windows and i have to restart the computer, checking hide all windows and messing with the delay does nothing. the problem remains. What's next?

The emulator has to be the active window in order to send any commands to it, in this case the exit command. So the pause screen, needs to switch to the emulator in order to issue the command, once issued the game over screen is shown. There is no way around that other than not exiting from the pause screen and just having a exit button combo.

• Thanks 1

Suddenly reset game and not exit game from the pause screen don't work,  tried in several different platforms, retroarch overrides LB settings? how to fix? Everything is ticked in LB: 

EDIT: I noticed that Steam when open is causing the reset game and exit game not to work. After i closed steam the reset and exit work fine. Steam must be closed in order for the reset and exit game to work?

1.thumb.png.91d49cd1ae7f8217b143c85e79477d00.png2.thumb.png.1f57ea795fa083caedde02869456c2bf.png

Edited by vgbox

• 3 weeks later...

New pause menu issue.

In standalone mame Software List Neo Geo AES, i run a game from LB, press the pause menu try its different features  (save, reset, exit...) but non of them work. Standalone mame "Arcade" platform pause menu features work fine, Steam is closed, tried with and without forceful pause screen. How to fix?

1.thumb.png.46ea07fe789a5fc7a792c6fd06b217ff.png

3.thumb.png.7c972bc5992ca7058aea279bf4d0509f.png

2.thumb.png.edeea4f3394f4ef9a371b22cbd099b81.png

4.thumb.png.93d0458a1aa1ea80be06b3a390e5db8c.png

Edited by vgbox