LaunchBox Community Forums

Hiding Playlists

drewjbx

Is it possible to hide playlists, in BigBox in particular. I made a 'Favorites' playlist to access any favorite tagged games globally. But wanting to hide everything else mostly to prevent other users adding games to the wrong playlists on accident... or on purpose. Maybe that is something that should be added... a favorites view that displays all your tagged favorites system wide.

Image1.thumb.png.42b66041391d0314e8160761817239d2.png

Hi @drewjbx,

On 7/30/2021 at 3:38 PM, drewjbx said:

Maybe that is something that should be added... a favorites view that displays all your tagged favorites system wide.

This is actually possible using auto-populate playlist. You just need to create a new playlist, click on the Auto-Populate tab, and add: Favorite - Is True

If you do it this way, any game that you flag/unflag as a favorite will get added/removed to this playlist automatically.

Couple extra things to note in the Edit Playlist window:

• Using the Parents tab, allows you to put that playlist anywhere in your platform category hiearchy
  • Using the Sort Title field in the Details tab allows you to position the playlist in your list without needing to add an underscore, like I see you did.
On 7/30/2021 at 3:38 PM, drewjbx said:

Is it possible to hide playlists, in BigBox in particular. I made a 'Favorites' playlist to access any favorite tagged games globally. But wanting to hide everything else mostly to prevent other users adding games to the wrong playlists on accident... or on purpose.

There's no current way to hide a playlist the way you are wanting. Feel free to make a request in the Request a Feature link in the Help & Support menu above. However, any auto-populate playlists won't show up in the menu in your screenshot, so that would definitely help you out.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, faeran said:

Hi @drewjbx,

This is actually possible using auto-populate playlist. You just need to create a new playlist, click on the Auto-Populate tab, and add: Favorite - Is True

If you do it this way, any game that you flag/unflag as a favorite will get added/removed to this playlist automatically.

Couple extra things to note in the Edit Playlist window:

• Using the Parents tab, allows you to put that playlist anywhere in your platform category hiearchy
  • Using the Sort Title field in the Details tab allows you to position the playlist in your list without needing to add an underscore, like I see you did.

There's no current way to hide a playlist the way you are wanting. Feel free to make a request in the Request a Feature link in the Help & Support menu above. However, any auto-populate playlists won't show up in the menu in your screenshot, so that would definitely help you out.

Ok thanks for the suggestions I will try them out. And it would be nice to hide playlists, more specifically hide 'create new playlists' within BigBox. Things could get messy. I have not tried the lockout method, will take a look. Those familiar with some of the Pi3/4 builds (batocera, recalbox, etc) they have 'Kiosk' and 'kids' modes to limit any users that can mess with the settings.

Anyhow, IMO, editing/adding to/ creating playlists should only be done in LB.. not in BB. I will post a request in the Request a feature as you suggested. 

9 minutes ago, drewjbx said:

Ok thanks for the suggestions I will try them out. And it would be nice to hide playlists, more specifically hide 'create new playlists' within BigBox. Things could get messy. I have not tried the lockout method, will take a look. Those familiar with some of the Pi3/4 builds (batocera, recalbox, etc) they have 'Kiosk' and 'kids' modes to limit any users that can mess with the settings.

Anyhow, IMO, editing/adding to/ creating playlists should only be done in LB.. not in BB. I will post a request in the Request a feature as you suggested. 

Yup, @C-Beats is also correct. Using the built-in security of Big Box would allow you to lock out the add to playlist option, and so much more. It's basically our version of a parental control/kiosk mode.