LaunchBox Community Forums

Issues with Star Wars Trilogy (Sega Model 3)

jfree427

I'm trying to find some automated way/auto hotkey script that can clear the NVRAM and also disable the feedback lever on SW Trilogy.

Currently if the games exits with coins remaining it won't start properly.  Clearing the nvram file resolves this, but then I have to alter the game to disable the feedback lever.  

Is there a way to automate this?  https://www.supermodel3.com/FAQ.html#SWTStageSelect

• 1 month later...
On 9/1/2021 at 2:12 PM, jfree427 said:

Currently if the games exits with coins remaining it won't start properly.  Clearing the nvram file resolves this, but then I have to alter the game to disable the feedback lever.  

Instead of just deleting the nvram file, once configured as you like in game make a copy of it. (swtrilgy.backup.nv)

In your script, using whichever method you want, (BAT, AHK, etc), delete the old nvram and copy the backup version with the correct name, swtrilgy.nv

This is the AHK script I used

FileCopy, C:\Users\ARCADEPC\Launchbox\Emulators\supermodel3\NVRAM\swtrilgy.backup.nv, C:\Users\ARCADEPC\Launchbox\Emulators\supermodel3\NVRAM\swtrilgy.nv, 1

ExitApp

return

The 1 option at the ends, overwrites the files so I don't need to delete first. I compile this script to an exe and add as an additional app for swtrilgy and have it run before supermodel3 emu.

Edited by Headrush69
  • Like 2

Thank you! This is just what I was looking for.  Worked like a champ

14 hours ago, Headrush69 said:

Instead of just deleting the nvram file, once configured as you like in game make a copy of it. (swtrilgy.backup.nv)

In your script, using whichever method you want, (BAT, AHK, etc), delete the old nvram and copy the backup version with the correct name, swtrilgy.nv

This is the AHK script I used

The 1 option at the ends, overwrites the files so I don't need to delete first. I compile this script to an exe and add as an additional app for swtrilgy and have it run before supermodel3 emu.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Headrush and jfree,

I have this problem as well, unfortunately, I am not as well versed in creating bat files and code generation to correct this problem.   I can do a work around for the time being and do my best to exit the game with no credits, but another problem exists on top of this one.  For some reason, the game crashes in Sega Model 3 at random times, I have never been able to finish any of the campaigns.  The video disappears, but you see the load up screen for the Rom in a windowed screen (no errors on it) and I cannot get back to the video, but the music still plays.  When this happens I have to exit the game and if I am using Big Box, it causes all sorts of problems.  

Any suggestions on how to fix this or what might be causing it?  Hopefully if I get this fixed someone can explain to me how to automatically delete the nvram after game play.    

I really want to play the rest of this game... I have done all sorts of searching, but cannot find any answers.  Your help is greatly appreciated.

Inga

• 1 year later...
26 minutes ago, tallpr24 said:

im getting an error that says "failed feedback lever initialize" how do you get passed that?

2 solutions

1)  enable force feedback option with -force-feedback in cmd line (or ForceFeedback = 1 in Supermodel.ini)
2)  enter service menu->game assignments->feedback lever = disable