LaunchBox Community Forums

Arcade Platform Not Importing

Moleburt

I’ve been trying to import some new games to my arcade platform, but no matter what file I select, once I go through all the import options, when I get to the end where it shows all the files that are going to be imported nothing shows up.

But if I select the same files and select something other than arcade as the platform they import just fine. Not sure what is stopping them from importing, it’s almost like the platform thinks they’re already imported?

Only thing I can think is that when I first setup the Arcade platform I imported a full mame set, but have since deleted the vast majority of them from Launchbox.

14 hours ago, C-Beats said:

We have added logic to correct Rom import when importing MAME files in the most recent beta (11.18 beta 1). If not already on it, I would opt into the beta and try again.

Updated to the beta and tried importing again, same issue, seems I have to select something other than Mame as the emulator for them to import properly. Not sure what's causing the issue. Luckily it's only a couple games.

7 hours ago, Moleburt said:

Updated to the beta and tried importing again, same issue, seems I have to select something other than Mame as the emulator for them to import properly. Not sure what's causing the issue. Luckily it's only a couple games.

What files are not importing? I can take a look.

I have seen this behavior as well. Basically, try importing any software list ROM as an easy way to trigger.  If you select MAME as emulator it then triggers the importer process, but even if you select everything it will not import (even with Dupes checked to on). I suspect since triggers the MAME import process it doesn't see the ROM as valid.  In essence, need an ignore check box to override the internal check that LB is doing.  If you select another emulator it will import and then have to go back and select MAME and works fine.  Tried on most current beta and still exhibits this.  

But not unique to the software list (initially thought just limitation in that SL in that not really implemented). For example, I don't normally import handhelds like Mattel, Tiger, during the full Importer process for arcade set.  When tried to import mfootb2.zip rom (Mattel Football 2 handheld) it wouldn't import no matter the settings if just doing a drag and drop of that ROM. Even if all settings/filters off and dupes/all clones on or no matter region selected it will not show up at end of import process.  I just tried today with beta 2 and same.  

6 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

I would need the actual rom file name to be able to track down each one. I don't really know enough about the MAME sets to know which you are referring to. I can take a look at mfootb2 and see if I can replicate.

Pretty sure MAME doesnt support American Laser Games, so probably skipped as "not working" in the importer.