LaunchBox Community Forums

Sord M5 Settings on Launchbox

marcosgaming

Hi guys, how to setting emulation of platform Sord M5 on Launchbox ? How to do ?

I'm sure that it needs an old version of MESS but i don't know exact setting and if needs a command line.

I import 11 roms but not starts with MESS. My roms are in folder roms in MESS and there is present bios file too.... Bios is ok for emulator!

Please help me if you do it ! Thanks.

I use MAME 0.235 for the Sord M5 which needs the bios m5.zip

The parameters will depend on what you wish to play.
For cartridge based games I use
m5 -cart1

For the tape games there are two parameter options, depending on whether a game is auto-load and run, or whether it requires to be Chained.
For the auto-load and run games such as Baseball I use the parameters
m5 -cass

For the ones that need to be Chained I use
m5 -cart1 basici -cass
When the Basic-I Ready screen opens, type CHAIN and press return to load the cassette.

By the way, the auto-load and run tapes can also use the Chain method but not vice-versa.

I'm not quite sure if this is the image you're looking for.
I emulate the Sord M5 using the software lists m5_cart and m5_cass, so my "Use file name only..." box is set.
With different parameters needed depending on the game, I set Associated Platforms default parameters for the carts and use custom parameters per game for the cassettes.

Screen Shot 09-04-21 at 12.52 AM.PNG

Only last question spycat.

How you know this command lines specifics.... m5 -cart1 ?

Exists any website that contains all lists of commands line ? Or you can send me a message with all list ?

So this can help me in others configuration as like : Apple IIFS,  Philips CD-i and Fujitsu FM Towns Marty that miss me too...

Thanks so much!

I used to use projectmess, but that's showing the 404 error for some time now. Progettoemma (the MAME arcade side of things) is under maintenance, so maybe the sites are being merged I hope. I don't use the 3 systems you mention but you could check the ArcadeItalia site or ask on the forums here.

By the way, if you care to download and extract the attached zip in this post you can drop the file m5.ini into your mame ini folder and this will automate the "type chain and press Return key" bit for you for the tapes that need chaining.

sord_m5.zip

• 2 years later...

It doesn't seem to be part of the m5_cart sw folder.
However, it shows in MAME, so it may be internal, and using
m5 -cart1 em_5
may mount it.
But the m5_cart xml lists em_5 as unsupported so things may not work.