LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox crashes when joystick used on Arcade cabinet.

MDamian

I have Launchbox Android running through Nvidia Shield Pro 2019 and connected to AtGames Legends Ultimate Cabinet for Video and controls. The control deck of the Legends cabinet is paired via USB OTG. Launchbox responds to all button presses but the minute I touch joystick in any direction on control deck ....Launchbox crashes to Android TV Homescreen of my Nvidia Shield Pro 2019. Launchbox responds normally if I just use the Nvidia Shield gaming controller, which is an Xbox type controller. Any ideas how to just use my AtGames Legends Control Deck and not have to rely on controller?

@MDamian Hmm, well this one is likely to be difficult to solve without having that specific hardware for testing. It might help though to enable debug logging in the options, then maybe we'll see some errors in there if you can share a crashed debug log with us. The logs are in Logs subfolder of your LaunchBox folder, once you enable it.

• 4 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Phox said:

@Jason Carr I can confirm that even using an official Xbox wireless controller (series x), pressing the dpad, analog sticks, or triggers will cause LaunchBox for Android to crash.

I have a Series S controller (Exactly the same as yours but white instead of black) and using on a Amazon Fire HD10 tablet, no issues at all. What hardware are you using, and do you have another controller you can test with?

7 hours ago, neil9000 said:

I have a Series S controller (Exactly the same as yours but white instead of black) and using on a Amazon Fire HD10 tablet, no issues at all. What hardware are you using, and do you have another controller you can test with?

I'm using my OnePlus 7 Pro. I do not have any other controller to test with. I've provided the debug log file from the crash.

Debug 2021-10-14 03-54-33 PM.log

Edited by Phox

On 10/14/2021 at 3:19 PM, Phox said:

I'm using my OnePlus 7 Pro. I do not have any other controller to test with. I've provided the debug log file from the crash.

Debug 2021-10-14 03-54-33 PM.log 763 B · 0 downloads

Suddenly, LaunchBox for Android has stopped crashing when I used my Xbox controller. Everything seems to be working fine for now. I am not sure what caused the sudden crashing with my controller.

On 10/20/2021 at 10:05 AM, Phox said:

Suddenly, LaunchBox for Android has stopped crashing when I used my Xbox controller. Everything seems to be working fine for now. I am not sure what caused the sudden crashing with my controller.

That's pretty odd. I haven't been able to replicate this, unfortunately. That said, I have some code in for the next beta that should at least help it to stop crashing if it happens again.

6 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

That's pretty odd. I haven't been able to replicate this, unfortunately. That said, I have some code in for the next beta that should at least help it to stop crashing if it happens again.

Looking forward to testing it out! I will give feedback when it does.