LaunchBox Community Forums

Possible to see Launchbox command line?

psyman

Hi

I am trying to add some of the more obscure platforms to Launchbox using MAME but I'm not able to get them to work (although if I use the command line to launch Mame and the game it does work).

Is it possible to see what the exact command line Launchbox is using to play a game so I can see where I am going wrong?

I know the command line to use as I have got it working using MAME, however something is getting lost in translation when I try to do the same command in launchbox so I wanted to see what command line launchbox is actually sending so I can see where I have gone wrong.

4 hours ago, psyman said:

electron -rompath "G:\Emulators\Acorn\Electron\Games\" -cass

Did some testing... how you show you have it setup will work except the last slash in the rompath after "Games".  It needs to be removed.

electron -rompath "G:\Emulators\Acorn\Electron\Games" -cass

...assuming all your cassette .zip files are in this folder, as-well-as "electron.zip".

I tried with JoeViking235's 1st suggestion (editing the ini)  but this made no difference so I tried the second one (remove the last slash) and I get a mame window briefly appear with initialising on it but then it disappears again.

I can confirm that the bios file is in the rompath folder (and the normal MAME roms folder).

If I open a command window and type g:\emulators\arcade\mame\mame64.exe electron -rompath "G:\emulators\acorn\electron\games" - cass "g:\emulators\acorn\electron\games\FULLGAMENAME" the game loads fine and works perfectly.  I just cant seem to get the same thing to work in Launchbox.  I am quite familiar with running stuff from CMD but just cant figure out whats wrong here.

Edited by psyman

First try with the two above mentioned tickboxes empty. That way, your mame.ini doesn't need to know where the games are, but LaunchBox does of course.

Set your Acorn Electron default parameters to
electron -ab *TAPE\nCHAIN\"\"\n -autoboot_delay 2 -cass

Edit one of your games, say Boxer, and open the Launching tab and check that it's pointing to the game
In your case this may be
g:\emulators\acorn\electron\games\boxer.zip

Launch the game and see if it loads.

On 9/27/2021 at 8:24 PM, spycat said:

First try with the two above mentioned tickboxes empty. That way, your mame.ini doesn't need to know where the games are, but LaunchBox does of course.

Set your Acorn Electron default parameters to
electron -ab *TAPE\nCHAIN\"\"\n -autoboot_delay 2 -cass

Edit one of your games, say Boxer, and open the Launching tab and check that it's pointing to the game
In your case this may be
g:\emulators\acorn\electron\games\boxer.zip

Launch the game and see if it loads.

I tried the default parameters as above but got mame loading - it said initialising, loading machine then went off.

I also checked the games launching tab and confirmed its pointing to the right place.

I just tested the Boxer cassette game and it loads and plays ok for me.

If you've pointed LaunchBox to the game and your parameter settings are correct then the only other thing I can think of is how old is your MAME?
I'm not sure of the actual version, but builds older than it cannot handle the LaunchBox parameter
-keyboardprovider dinput
which has something to do with pause screens I believe.

If your MAME is old, then you could try deleting this LaunchBox parameter and see if things work.

Edited by spycat