LaunchBox Community Forums

Troll spamming junk changes

Luckspeare

Someone keeps proposing that the box cover for Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage! for Sony Playstation be changed to a thumbnail of the cover for Creature Shock for Philips CD-i.  I'm guessing this person is one of those trolls I've heard about?  If so, can these be tracked?  Do screenshots help, or what exactly do you need?  In case it helps here, providing screenshot.

Clipboard Image.png

Edited by Luckspeare
Title changed to reflect that there's no doubt anymore

• Luckspeare changed the title to Troll spamming junk changes

You can contact @Jason Carr and submit him those screenshots - he can ban the trolls and send them back to their caves. Thanks for keeping the metadata a troll-free zone! 👍

Unfortunately and perhaps because of the weather or what's available to eat, these trolls surface time to time to the world of humans. The Internet is a hunting ground for those pathetic cases I'm afraid. We will never get rid of them, but you can report to Jason directly to stop them trying to mess with the database/and fill the moderation queue. I doubt they understand that their actions can be traced in most cases. I do think some of them think this is "funny" activity, hopefully one day they will mature.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I just rejected a series of submissions that replaced perfectly good PNG images with JPGs. Same resolution, some file size savings, but visibly worse image quality (like a disc logo that has artifacts even at 1500x resolution which should just not happen). It occurs to me that the submissions might be malicious in the same way these are. It could theoretically be in good faith, but this has the feel of someone saving as JPG by moving the quality slider all the way to the left for the lulz. Shall I screenshot if I run across it again?

Edit: just to be clear, I'm not frequently in the database. I just try to contribute when I make my own image edits and as the fit takes me. Leave your campsite cleaner and all that.

Edited by Bedwyr
clarification

• 1 month later...