LaunchBox Community Forums

Bulk edit additional apps or possible other way?

drewjbx

So I have an 4 Player arcade cab..... when I want to use gamepads it will show up as player 5 and 6. This is a problem in RetroArch as the game controller order stays the same and cannot be switched (unless I missed something)

I have a 2 powershell scripts that disables and enables all 4 joysticks. So let's say N64 I want to use gamepads, I just need to launch the script pre and post for each game but obviously that would take a long time to edit each and every game. I did not see an option in bulk edit for additional apps, I thought it would have been added by now. Is there another way I can do this?

<AdditionalApplication>
    <Id>351fbb05-88f5-47ec-a813-6bf6588b5d03</Id>
    <PlayCount>1</PlayCount>
    <GameID>a6ca06d7-3e6a-48ca-a129-4e2a7dc3583f</GameID>
    <ApplicationPath>..\Tools\Scripts\[ DISABLE JOYSTICKS ].lnk</ApplicationPath>
    <AutoRunAfter>false</AutoRunAfter>
    <AutoRunBefore>true</AutoRunBefore>
    <CommandLine />
    <Name>Disable Joysticks</Name>

Edited by drewjbx

7 hours ago, JoeViking245 said:

This might help.

And then if something gets messed up during that process.. 

Thankyou! Very handy. Now I just need to figure out a clean way to launch the script as LB is bypassing the batch file shortcut resulting in the command window showing and taking focus. 

9 minutes ago, drewjbx said:

[keep] the command window [from] showing and taking focus. 

The easiest (well, only) way I've found to "hide" running PS scripts is to create shortcuts to them. Then edit the shortcut(s) (right-click, properties). 

In Target: add the full path to your powershell.exe to the beginning on the line (put quotes around it if there're spaces in the path) , then add   -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -File      And then at the end, add     -WindowsStyle Hidden

C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -File "F:\Misc\Toggle Internet\ToggleInternet.ps1" -WindowsStyle Hidden

So here, "F:\Misc\Toggle Internet\ToggleInternet.ps1" is what was originally in the Target: field.  Your actual path to powershell.exe may be different.  Who knows what I got going on here. lol

Next click Advanced... button and check Run as administrator and click OK.

Lastly, change Run: to Minimized.  Click OK.

Now direct LaunchBox to those shortcuts.

Good luck and enjoy. :D

9 minutes ago, JoeViking245 said:

The easiest (well, only) way I've found to "hide" running PS scripts is to create shortcuts to them. Then edit the shortcut(s) (right-click, properties). 

In Target: add the full path to your powershell.exe to the beginning on the line (put quotes around it if there're spaces in the path) , then add   -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -File      And then at the end, add     -WindowsStyle Hidden

C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -File "F:\Misc\Toggle Internet\ToggleInternet.ps1" -WindowsStyle Hidden

So here, "F:\Misc\Toggle Internet\ToggleInternet.ps1" is what was originally in the Target: field.  Your actual path to powershell.exe may be different.  Who knows what I got going on here. lol

Next click Advanced... button and check Run as administrator and click OK.

Lastly, change Run: to Minimized.  Click OK.

Now direct LaunchBox to those shortcuts.

Good luck and enjoy. :D

The last option '-WindowsStyle Hidden' is what was missing from my batch file. Thanks again!

C:\Windows\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -File "D:\Tools\Scripts\Disable Joysticks.ps1"

• Game On 1