LaunchBox Community Forums

Marquee Monitor image quality

twobucks

After upgrading from bigbox version 11.9 to 12.1 I have noticed the quality of the marquee images being displayed on my 2nd marquee monitor is blurry compared to the previous version of bigbox. When viewing the image by itself outside of bigbox everything looks clear and text is easy to read but when viewing it from the marquee screen in bigbox, text looks blurry. Are there new quality setting options for marquee images in bigbox version 12.1?

None of the changes made would have affected image quality. There were improvements to video support as well as updating the default marquee view xaml to support fallback options. 

Can you post an image of what you are seeing. Also are you using a theme that may have a custom marquee view? Do you see this on all themes you try?

13 hours ago, Retro808 said:

None of the changes made would have affected image quality. There were improvements to video support as well as updating the default marquee view xaml to support fallback options. 

Can you post an image of what you are seeing. Also are you using a theme that may have a custom marquee view? Do you see this on all themes you try?

I have attached two pictures using my phone, hopefully the image doesn't get resized.  The first picture is using Bigbox marquee screen and the second is just the file open in windows.  If you look at the text in the image you can see the difference and blurryness.  I am just using the default theme.  The marquee image has a resolution of 7000x3150 which exceeds the resolution of the monitor.  I am using a LG 26" ultrawide for my marquee monitor set to the naitive resolution of 2560x1080.1968029200_imageopeninbigbox.thumb.jpg.1a7416ac605be54c70dda095707bf639.jpg

image opened in windows.jpg

2 hours ago, Retro808 said:

Ah. In BB settings go to the Images section and then check what you have "CoverFlow Image Quality" set to. The new xaml uses coverflow for the images so that setting might be affecting the image. You will want it set to High or Highest.

That worked,  changing image quality to highest and refreshing the coverflow images fixed the image quality issue for the marquee images.  hopefully coverflow images and marquee image quality settings can be seperated at some point in the future to allow flexiblility for performance tweaking.

11 hours ago, Rsmith3533 said:

Why would my "CoverFlow Image Quality only go to medium?   I do not have an option for high or highest

This is because you have less than 10gb of RAM in your machine and so you can only go to medium to avoid running out of memory trying to render everything on screen.

10 hours ago, C-Beats said:

This is because you have less than 10gb of RAM in your machine and so you can only go to medium to avoid running out of memory trying to render everything on screen.

Thanks for the reply. I had no idea that less than 10gb would cause some limitations. My upgraded RAM is on its way.