LaunchBox Community Forums

Error adding new emulator

DeadVoivod

Seems ok now, had to remove it from RetroArch as default emulator first. 

But I encountered another problem, launching the game doesn't work, takes me straight away back to LB, it only works if I right click the game and chose launch with --> Fuse. 

Edited by DeadVoivod

This keeps going on now with everything, even rolled back to 12.1, same error. 

Plus like I mentioned, if I manage somehow to get the emulator associated to the platform, running the game doesn't do anything until I right click on the game and I chose LAUNCH WITH. What's the difference anyways? 

On 11/17/2021 at 10:25 PM, DeadVoivod said:

Still stuck, tried to start from the beginning, adding as new platform, but I still get that message to add one applicable platform in the grid. Any news on this? Thanks. 

Sorry for the late reply here. Are you still experiencing the same issues with the 12.4 release?

@DeadVoivod @noahdaddy Can you both confirm your version? I'm trying to replicate this so I can correct, but am having problems getting it fire. Is it something that is happening regularly for you or does it come and go? Is there anything you do that reliable gets that message? If so could you give me some reproduction steps so I can attempt to replicate this issue.

Happened first with 12.3, rolled back to 12.1, ditto, after update to 12.4 it's still existing. Never had it in my setup before, and like I mentioned, I didn't change anything in that setup for almost 2 years now, everything is exactly the same. 

Since it happened the first time, it's doing it all the time. I added Atari ST games, went to manage emulators, setup the emulator and associated platforms, and it gives me this error. Tried then with ZX Spectrum, exactly the same. Tried also with different emulators, no change. 

In the beginning I thought it was because RetroArch had the cores for those 2 systems set as emulators, but after removing them from RetroArch, the problem still exists. I even physically removed the 2 cores (Fuse, Hatari) from the RetroArch cores folder. 

The emulator.xml file also doesn't show any of those 2 entries. 

• 1 month later...

I'm still seeing it on the latest version 12.6 but I kind of found a way around. 

If I add an emulator and set it as default for platform and try to close, it still has the problem. So I enter the same emulator twice in the associated platforms, and put one as default. Now I can exit. Then I go to manage emulators, associated platforms, and one is gone and the other is not anymore default for the platform, so I enable that again and close. Now it works.

A bit inconvenient, but at least it works. Other than that I get the error.