LaunchBox Community Forums

Cannot get LaunchBox to run NeoGeo games with Retroarch

Ian Segobio

Hello guys,

I've basically tried everything but I cannot get it to work with the previously mentioned configuration.

• The games are running fine directly via RetroArch and Final Burn Neo (as one example)
  • Bios is at the games folder
  • Most of the games work with MAME emulator (via LB)

Thank you,
Ian.

Edited by Ian Segobio

Go to >Tools >Manage >Emulators. When it opens edit Retroarch. Go to the Associated Platforms tab.

There you need to make sure the platform name for your Neo Geo games is listed and it exactly matches how the name shows in your LB. Also make sure you have the correct core selected for the platform.

15 hours ago, Ian Segobio said:

I wish there is something really dumb that I'm overlooking... Still not able to get it working.

Follows a few screenshots from the settings (It is currently set as arcade but I've tried neogeo AES and MVS as well)

image.thumb.png.dce9801cf8f11b66ad465312548a1797.png

image.thumb.png.c1d025a119f627f6c345d45489793f47.png

image.thumb.png.809e34e2130a43d694071be54ac8e771.png

image.thumb.png.55c73e9f285fe088c776b5a8a66d287f.png

image.thumb.png.80c69b16c239a0c18f0a458ca72f1b4e.png

image.thumb.png.120c54e152088c9401a2e408876da2a1.png

One thing I did notice in your screenshots is that you have Extract ROM files checked off. While it may not be your only issue, you'll want to make sure you uncheck that when running any kind of MAME files.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, faeran said:

One thing I did notice in your screenshots is that you have Extract ROM files checked off. While it may not be your only issue, you'll want to make sure you uncheck that when running any kind of MAME files.

That was absolutely it. I was almost giving up... Thanks guys!

• 1 month later...