LaunchBox Community Forums

Feature suggestions...

Shaolinmonk

Just a few suggestions to make the app a little better.

I would love the option to rearrange the systems on the main screen so that I could put the systems I play most up front and put them in the general order I choose ect...

Also it would be nice to be able to hide "all games", if you have a large collection, that category will be super hard to navigate anyway.

I noticed a lot of the Retroarch cores in the app are not available as a choice in LB for android. and vice versa, some of the choices for cores in LB Android are not in the list of downloadable cores in Retroarch. it would be nice if this were fixed.

And finally it would be cool if there were a page up/down function like in proper launch box, navigating thousands of Mame titles can take quite a while if your just scrolling... It would be even better if you could assign it a gamepad input.

If any of this is already implemented, I apologize...

• Like 1

@Shaolinmonk Thanks, all noted.

On 11/19/2021 at 9:04 AM, Shaolinmonk said:

I noticed a lot of the Retroarch cores in the app are not available as a choice in LB for android. and vice versa, some of the choices for cores in LB Android are not in the list of downloadable cores in Retroarch. it would be nice if this were fixed.

This all depends on the version of RetroArch that you have installed (32-bit, 64-bit, sideloaded, etc.). We've done our best to include every possible option with every recent version of RetroArch. If there really are any cores in the most recent versions of RetroArch that are not listed in LaunchBox, please let me know what they are. We're not aware of any.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2021 at 6:04 PM, Shaolinmonk said:

And as for vice versa, some prefer to build/load previous cores that have been deprecated into Retroarch for Android, just cause they aren't available for download anymore doesn't mean that they can't still be sideloaded, i assume that's why those choices are there.

• Like 1

On 11/24/2021 at 1:21 PM, Jason Carr said:

@Shaolinmonk Thanks, all noted.

This all depends on the version of RetroArch that you have installed (32-bit, 64-bit, sideloaded, etc.). We've done our best to include every possible option with every recent version of RetroArch. If there really are any cores in the most recent versions of RetroArch that are not listed in LaunchBox, please let me know what they are. We're not aware of any.

Beetle PCE FAST is not an available core for TurboGrafx CD. Its the only core that will launch .chd files. I really want this to be added as an option in LB for Android. Right now I am manually launching my TG CD games in RetroArch Plus with that core. 

On 11/25/2021 at 2:32 PM, HamFang said:

Beetle PCE FAST is not an available core for TurboGrafx CD. Its the only core that will launch .chd files. I really want this to be added as an option in LB for Android. Right now I am manually launching my TG CD games in RetroArch Plus with that core. 

Thanks, will take a look.