LaunchBox Community Forums

Little problem with video in custom theme.

Logrim

Hello... I have a quite annoying problem (for me) with the videos .. everything works perfect except one thing .. when I select a game in the gamelist the video have a kind of side scrolling .. like a little tremor. It lasts only two seconds but for me it is annoying to look at .. Is there any way to solve this? .. I hope I have explained myself well, english is not my native language .. greetings and thanks.

Edited by Logrim

7 minutes ago, Logrim said:

Only occur in my custom theme, My drivers are up-to-date. The theme is make with community theme creator and I test video of the default and Netflix theme, but the properties of all video (mine included) are the same.

If it only occurs in the theme you created then something within the overall theme's code could be causing that slight hiccup. The property of the video binding might be the same in your custom theme and the default, but you could have some other theme elements like an animation or a transition causing this.

Maybe post a video showing what is happening.

If you go into BB video settings and change to Windows Media does it go away. Or change to VLC if you already have it set to Windows Media.

I have discovered that it is the black color background that I have in the video that causes the error. By changing the color, the video by default has a small animation that is what causes that with the black background color it has that annoying tremor. I suppose there will be no way to remove that animation that the video has by default ... or is there? Again, sorry for my terrible English and thank you very much for answering me.

Edited by Logrim

6 hours ago, Logrim said:

I have discovered that it is the black color background that I have in the video that causes the error. By changing the color, the video by default has a small animation that is what causes that with the black background color it has that annoying tremor. I suppose there will be no way to remove that animation that the video has by default ... or is there? Again, sorry for my terrible English and thank you very much for answering me.

Sounds like your video is sitting inside of a Transition Presenter. If you don't want that transition animation you can use a Content Control to display the video view, or can potentially use a FlowVideo control if you ONLY want videos displayed and to not fall back to an image.