LaunchBox Community Forums

Catergory Artwork not showing - Unified PSP

W3880

1 minute ago, W3880 said:

Hi all,

Got BigBox pretty much how I want it, however not sure why, but when selecting PSP, no platform logo, background or pointer images are working, all other platforms are ok, see image:

image.thumb.png.3dbe9bef0998db59625d7da4e322cb48.png

You probably incorrectly named your PSP Platform, the default name should be "Sony PSP" so if you named it something different the artwork in the theme won't match up.

On 12/5/2021 at 4:33 PM, W3880 said:

Named correctly, auto when ROMs imported, it picks up platform screen and displays images, just not when viewing games

Take a look at the actual name of the Platform as it shows in your LB/BB, then go into the theme's \Images\Theme folder and look in the \Background and \Pointer folder.

If inside those folder you do not see a image named exactly as your platform is named that would be the issue. I believe the Unified theme images are named "Sony PlayStation PSP" and "Sony PlayStation Portable". Can you tell me what the actual name your PSP platform is showing in LB?

@Retro808 Thanks for above, checked folders and they were named "Sony Playstation Portable", even tried changing to "Sony Playstation PSP", but stil didn't work, background and logo are showing for PSP on platfom main screen, it's when I click into PSP games wheel it doesn't display

Edited by W3880

7 hours ago, W3880 said:

@Retro808 Thanks for above, checked folders and they were named "Sony Playstation Portable", even tried changing to "Sony Playstation PSP", but stil didn't work, background and logo are showing for PSP on platfom main screen, it's when I click into PSP games wheel it doesn't display

Renaming would only help if the name did not match what you have your PSP platform called. Can you post a pic of the platform level and how it looks?

You can try to refresh the image cache, but usually theme images do not need that. In BB settings there is an image cache option.

What exactly did you call your PSP platform?

7 hours ago, W3880 said:

@Retro808 Platform named automatically via launch box, PSP doesnt seem to be oicking up images in game view

image.png

Two things.

1. The platform level you are showing is a full screen video and it is playing because when you downloaded the platform level videos LB names the video as your platform is named. The theme just sends the binding so it is not actually looking the way the theme looks for the game level images that are custom to the theme.

2. I get it automatically named it. I do not know what name LB auto-populates for PSP since it has been years since I added PSP which is why I was asking you to tell me the actual name that shows in LB for your PSP platform.

Here is what I recommend. Post pics of the following:

Open LB and in the left hand pane where all the platform names are snap a pic of that section with PSP platform listed.

In the theme's \Images\Theme\Pointeer folder snap a pic of the the section where the PSP pointer images are.

PSP game level images for Unified theme work fine on all my set-ups so there is a disconnect somewhere in your LB.

• 2 years later...

Merged threads as we did not need a new thread for the same issue. 

Did you look inside the themes images folder and confirm the images used for PSP have a file name that matches how the platform is named in your build. I know you said you used the default naming of PSP but I am not sure which Unifed them you are using (there are several versions) so I do not recall what the theme is actually using for a file name. 

22 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Merged threads as we did not need a new thread for the same issue. 

Did you look inside the themes images folder and confirm the images used for PSP have a file name that matches how the platform is named in your build. I know you said you used the default naming of PSP but I am not sure which Unifed them you are using (there are several versions) so I do not recall what the theme is actually using for a file name. 

Thanks, the file names were named "Sony PlayStation Portable". Switched them to Sony PSP and all is well now.