LaunchBox Community Forums

Exit Script for Sega Model 2 and Model 3 emulators

ejay81

Hi all, I got my build mostly completely with everything working for the most part. One annoying thing I"m confused on though is how to go about closing both Sega Model 2 and Model 3 emulator using a exit script.  I read some old threads that provided scripts but that was for an older version of LB.  When going to the exit script section of said emulator it seems like its not needed (Screenshot).   However only "esc" on the keyboard exits the emulator.  I want my LB and BB exit combo (Start+Select) to also exit those emulators. 

Is there a way to do this?  I'm pretty knowledgable in computers and tech but scripting isn't one of my strengths.

Thanks in advance!

29 minutes ago, ejay81 said:

I guess I'm not following, as stated I'm not a script guy.  So what do i need to do in LB to make my exit combo work for this emulator?

Really appreciate a bit more guidance, thanks!

You need to paste the script in the right section. You pasted your script in the "Exit Script" page. That is used only for exiting from the LB Pause Menu.

You need to copy and paste it in the "Running Script" page. That section if for exiting while in the game.

• 1 year later...
On 1/20/2022 at 3:46 PM, Retro808 said:

Yes, but change that script. It is not a clean closing script. Use this instead.

$Esc::
{
	WinClose, ahk_exe {{{StartupEXE}}}
}

Thanks for sharing, but this doesn't quite work correctly for me.  It does shut down the emulator and returns me to Bigbox, but then I don't have control with my gamepad.  I have to use my mouse and click on the screen once, before I can resume control with my gamepad.  When I exit other emulators, I instantly still have control of Bigbox.  Is there something else that can be done to alleviate this issue or am I overlooking something?  Thanks if anyone can help! :)

• 5 months later...