LaunchBox Community Forums

Video Snaps offline audio overlapping

Raiga326

So I'm on the android version of LaunchBox(I'm on android version 11) and I imported my own video snaps into the videos folder of LaunchBox. When I go to the game title the video snap plays in the background like normal but for some reason the video snap audio continues to play after I launch into the game, so both the in game and video snap audio are being played at the same time. I tried using the "Use Hardware Decoding for VLC Video Playback" option and it still didn't work. Does anyone know a solution for this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by Raiga326

• Raiga326 changed the title to Video Snaps offline audio overlapping

i have the same problem. I'm using Retroarch Plus as my main emulator and when i'm playing i'm hearing the snap video in the background, which is pretty annoying. I've disabled the video playback for the quietness of my ears, but that's not a solution :/

Edited by Elhora

I found a solution guys, shout out goes to @theekinghumpy for providing this info. You have to activate developer mode on your device, after you do that under developer options turn on "Don't keep activities". That did the trick and worked 99% of the time but there was one instance where I started the game and the music still slipped through so under "Background process limit" I just set it to No background processes and it works flawlessly. I just want to warn you that by doing this it will force close out of LB so when you go back to LB from the emulator it'll go back to LB's home screen. That's the best solution we have for now

Hey all, this issue has been fixed in the latest beta of LaunchBox for Android. Actually it should have been fixed in beta 5, which came out yesterday, but beta 6 is out now as well. Thanks for your help testing the betas. :)

Also, if you are using the beta releases, it would be good to keep up with development and testing in this thread:

Thank you so much for all of hard work, we all really appreciate it! Keep up the good work, I've tried different front ends but LaunchBox will always be my go to. The UI is so straightforward and just makes it simple to navigate. At the same time you add subtle details that make it on par with the competition, like the addition of "Wheel with 2 column details" view option was definitely necessary. Because just a few days before you released the beta update I was wondering if it was a way for something like that to be implemented and you delivered. Thank you! 

• Like 1