LaunchBox Community Forums

Macbook M1 Support

7ank0v1c

Heya, I have recently purchased a MacBook Pro with the apple silicone M1 chip, and I am wondering if there is any chance of ever getting M1 native support for launchbox?

I have been using launchbox on windows for a long time now, and it is by far the best frontend out there in my opinion... so naturally I bought a lifetime licence.

I would love to see Mac support though in the future =D

Thank for everything you guys do though, it is honestly brilliant.. =D

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Yeah, since Apple nixed the use of Boot Camp on M1 Macs (which is what I was running Launchbox on perfectly before), there's no affordable way of doing it now. :( That's a shame since M1 Macs are super capable of emulating even high-end stuff.

There is a hole that OpenEmu is leaving with its severe lack of updates and having Launchbox be the best platform for -every- operating system would be so radical.

If y'all ever got anyone on your team to make a port, I know a host of people that could help with QA and testing.

• 8 months later...

I think I suggested this a while back, but oh how great it would be if Launchbox purchased OpenEmu!

I run both.  Of course, Launchbox is way more powerful, but I use OpenEmu for a quick game on the Mac.

If the Launchbox folks could purchase OpenEmu and Launchboxify it, it would seriously be the best of all worlds! :)