LaunchBox Community Forums

Theme or possibly view related question from a noob

Dabil

So I have this problem where my Arcade games have a theme, with a theme video running inside. I would like to know how to just show the theme video, but only for my Arcade games. I want all the other platforms to just keep using the theme. Here is an image that illustrates the problem, as you can see it looks like a theme within a theme,

Themes.thumb.jpg.c3568b128ef87800ebc0a1ed4425bbb7.jpg

As you can see, the video playing within the arcade machine theme, is meant to be a theme all by itself, but for some reason its playing inside this theme. So again, how do I change it so the video plays as the theme without altering the rest of my platforms. Launchbox customization isn't very intuitive for things like this.

No, I get how to do it. What I don't know, is what should the settings be? How do you select which platform these changes take place for?

I have been toying around with the settings here since you pointed them out, however I don't see how they do what I am asking for.

4 hours ago, Dabil said:

No, I get how to do it. What I don't know, is what should the settings be? How do you select which platform these changes take place for?

I have been toying around with the settings here since you pointed them out, however I don't see how they do what I am asking for.

The video in your original post is a "theme video" if you dont like or want to see those, well first off, dont download them, but as stated put it lower in that priority list, so move it down, and put video snap at the top.

@Dabil To do what you want you need to use a different theme/view combination for Arcade than the other platforms. To do this in Big Box Options go to the Views tab and check "Remember view for each platform" (or something similar). Then you're going to want to bind something to "Change Theme" and "Change View". Navigate to arcade platform then use the two buttons to find a Theme / View that displays ONLY the background video in the background. That should do for you what you are asking (or least how I understand it).