LaunchBox Community Forums

Retro Achievements Not Working

toddie86

I've got retro achievements set up and they used to work before but for some reason they've stopped working. 

I've checked the retro achievements setting in launchbox and when I click 'test' it says it works but when I hit an achievement in game it doesn't register. As an example I beat the first boss in sonic adventure at the very start of the game but it doesn't show. Launchbox pulls the achievement data, as it shows in the game tab there are achievements to get, it just doesn't record when I achieve them.. 

Does anyone have any tips on fixing this? 

5 minutes ago, toddie86 said:

I've got retro achievements set up and they used to work before but for some reason they've stopped working. 

I've checked the retro achievements setting in launchbox and when I click 'test' it says it works but when I hit an achievement in game it doesn't register. As an example I beat the first boss in sonic adventure at the very start of the game but it doesn't show. Launchbox pulls the achievement data, as it shows in the game tab there are achievements to get, it just doesn't record when I achieve them.. 

Does anyone have any tips on fixing this? 

Have you checked inside your emulator (I'm guessing you are using RetroArch) to make sure you have Achievements turned on and you are logged in?

28 minutes ago, faeran said:

Have you checked inside your emulator (I'm guessing you are using RetroArch) to make sure you have Achievements turned on and you are logged in?

I'm using Retroarch for most systems although for Dreamcast I'm using Redream. 

I didn't think about that but I guess there's a chance Redream isn't compatible with achievements? 

19 minutes ago, toddie86 said:

I'm using Retroarch for most systems although for Dreamcast I'm using Redream. 

I didn't think about that but I guess there's a chance Redream isn't compatible with achievements? 

I do believe the RetroAchievements website does have a list of compatible emulators you can take a look at. Here it is: https://retroachievements.org/download.php

Just remember to get RetroAchievements set up and working inside of whatever emulator you are using whether it be RetroArch or something else.

Thanks, I've got Dreamcast running in retroarch although now it's put my games in Japanese even though they're PAL games. 😂

Also logged into Retro Achievements in Retroarch but when I boot the game is says the game doesn't contain achievements when it definitely does... 🤷🏻‍♂️

2 minutes ago, toddie86 said:

Also logged into Retro Achievements in Retroarch but when I boot the game is says the game doesn't contain achievements when it definitely does... 🤷🏻‍♂️

Does your rom name exactly match how the game is named on the retro achievements website? I believe it needs too. Also region matters as well i think.

Sounds like it could be failing for a number of reasons. My games are all in PAL format. 

I've tried changing the file name and re-adding the game to launchbox but that just resulted in the game not launching at all. 

I also converted my games from .gdi to .chd format as its easier to manage the file. That also might be an issue by the sounds of it. 

Thanks all for the suggestions. I might try a few different options to troubleshoot but maybe will just end up giving dreamcast achievements a miss for now. 

• 7 months later...

hello iv recently implemented the retro achievments to my launchbox , signed up corectly everywhere , insereted my api key , also tezsted to see if it works , when i chose a game in launchbox , in the game info side , achievemntsa show up , uncompleted , when i played adventure island 3 , in retroarch i unlocked 2 achievemtns , but when i exited out of it , achivemtns wasnt showing in game info menu in launchbox !!! :( 

but when i launched adventure island again , it was saying i had unlocked 2 achievments out of 32 ????? :(

achievments are saved on retroarch but not on launchbox HELP PLS

• 1 year later...

I know this is old but I have the answer. Open retroarch, Login in your retroachievment credentials within retroarch then go to, menu/configuration/save current configuration restart a game with achievments and boom done.