LaunchBox Community Forums

How to provide a reason for alts

AsparagusTrevor

I've just had a change to a title rejected but I was unable to find a way to give a reason to argue why this change is warranted. Would anyone be able to point me in the direction of where I would add a reason for a title change please? I tried to resubmit the alteration but couldn't see anything again to provide a comment on a title change. 

The change in question is for Sonic 1 locked on to Sonic & Knuckles. The listing has weirdly been muddled up with the romhack Knuckles the Echidna in Sonic 1, which has its own entry in the database. I was trying to remove all references to this in the S1+S&K listing as it is irrelevant as the official rom for this is the Blue Sphere game alone. Most of the other changes I made were accepted (removing stuff and adding them to the proper romhack listing), just this one title change wasn't. I must say, the rejection comments were not very helpful. Calling it 'nonsense' helps no-one. 

Thanks

Edited by AsparagusTrevor

The comment field on alt names is broken I'm afraid. No moderator is able to see what you have written there - thus difficult to moderate to be honest. You could try a workaround, I've seen some people using other fields to comment on their alt name changes.

But it looks like someone will soon(?) take more care of the database code according to the "we're hiring" message earlier.

Well, it does seem to be getting rejected again. Oh well, I'll leave it there and admit defeat. My own personal database is correct and that's all that matters. Not sure why a romhack would be considered an official release, especially when it already has its own entry, but never mind. 

Edited by AsparagusTrevor

• 1 month later...
On 5/14/2022 at 5:44 AM, kurzih said:

The comment field on alt names is broken I'm afraid. No moderator is able to see what you have written there - thus difficult to moderate to be honest. You could try a workaround, I've seen some people using other fields to comment on their alt name changes.

But it looks like someone will soon(?) take more care of the database code according to the "we're hiring" message earlier.

Sorry about the very late response on this, I would like to point out that alt names reasons are not really broken. It is just that name changes must be done independently for moderators to see the reason you are giving. If you edit multiple things at the same time it will show up with the other changes. So if you want to change the name, the alt name and add an a bunch of other data to the game you should first, just change the name or alt name and give a reason, then the other name and give a reason and then all the other changes. Otherwise the info will show up in what will be the last thing, which is the other changes to the game. 

That said, if you *just* change the alt name and give a reason I do believe the moderators will see the reason given.

15 hours ago, Thanatos_Prime said:

That said, if you *just* change the alt name and give a reason I do believe the moderators will see the reason given.

That is precisely the issue. I've tested and seen this quite a long time ago, but here goes again to see if this has been fixed:

I've just added this comment:

"IMPORTANT!! Testing if the alt name comment field works. Please answer to the forum if you can read this comment! forums.launchbox-app.com/topic/66676-how-to-provide-a-reason-for-alts/#comment-415596"

While I added the Japanese alt name for Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/details/159309

There's a moderation queue of about 400 cases, so this will take a while. But if no one answers, then it clearly does still not work. Let's hope it does!

2 minutes ago, kurzih said:

That is precisely the issue. I've tested and seen this quite a long time ago, but here goes again to see if this has been fixed:

I've just added this comment:

"IMPORTANT!! Testing if the alt name comment field works. Please answer to the forum if you can read this comment! forums.launchbox-app.com/topic/66676-how-to-provide-a-reason-for-alts/#comment-415596"

While I added the Japanese alt name for Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/details/159309

There's a moderation queue of about 400 cases, so this will take a while. But if no one answers, then it clearly does still not work. Let's hope it does!

My deepest apologies, I am in the wrong. I see the alt name addition of Fire Emblem Musou Fuuka Setsugetsu with No Reason Provided and obviously done as a single change.