LaunchBox Community Forums

License Expired

i purchased a yearly license a few years back but now it will not recognize it in launchbox. I cannot use bigbox because its stuck in the free version. How do I get back into my premium? I was under the impression I would always have access to bigbox but just wouldnt be able to update it unless I renewed my license, any help would be great, thanks.

4 minutes ago, Diggerdoo said:

i purchased a yearly license a few years back but now it will not recognize it in launchbox. I cannot use bigbox because its stuck in the free version. How do I get back into my premium? I was under the impression I would always have access to bigbox but just wouldnt be able to update it unless I renewed my license, any help would be great, thanks.

The license is only good for the version you updated to within the year it was an active license. As long as the xml is in the root folder and your are on a version from that period it should work.

What version LB are you currently on and what year did you buy the license?

If you are on a version from that period I would email: support @unbrokensoftware.com and let the team know what is happening.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Diggerdoo said:

I was under the impression I would always have access to bigbox but just wouldnt be able to update it unless I renewed my license

That is correct, but are you trying to use your license with the current Launchbox version? Cause obviously it wont work with that, you will need a version from when your license was active. Email support@unbrokensoftware.com and see if they can hook you up with a old version of Launchbox.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Retro808 said:

The license is only good for the version you updated to within the year it was an active license. As long as the xml is in the root folder and your are on a version from that period it should work.

What version LB are you currently on and what year did you buy the license?

Just now, neil9000 said:

That is correct, but are you trying to use your license with the current Launchbox version? Cause obviously it wont work with that, you will need a version from when your license was active. Email support@unbrokensoftware.com and see if they can hook you up with a old version of Launchbox.

You guys nailed it. I did download whatever the current version is and I didn't even think about that. XM file says I purchased it <issued>2019-04-16T14:24:36.