LaunchBox Community Forums

BestDays Theme Development

thimolor

Decided to start a new theme for my bartop build that I have been building lately. Trying to find ways to make the wheels work better for arcade games. Found faeran's great BannerBox and made few changes for the wheel.  I have already made a working prototype and it feels fresh and nice to scroll through the games. Design aspect ratio is 4:3 (my bartop has 4:3 lcd monitor), but I think this will scale quite fine for 16:9 also when it's finished.

229843134_BestDaysArcadeHorizontalWheel.thumb.jpg.6f1dbc883da0195a3c911b0f53d9e196.jpg

• Like 3
  • Game On 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/4/2022 at 7:54 AM, Juketsu said:

Going to put this theme on hold indefinitely. Found Pegasus Fe + Minimis. That theme is just perfect for me. So bye for now.

I'm so glad you found Pegasus FE. I think right now it's the next big one, they just need a better UX to add files easily. But the themes, performance, and most importantly, price, it's going to make Pegasus the best one there is.

On 9/4/2022 at 7:54 PM, Juketsu said:

Going to put this theme on hold indefinitely. Found Pegasus Fe + Minimis. That theme is just perfect for me. So bye for now.

Does this mean that you'll be developing themes for Pegasus also? I've tried it myself and wasn't all that impressed, although could certainly see some potential. My biggest gripes are that Pegasus is very user-unfriendly and the themes I've seen for it all look like duplicates of AttractMode and EmulationStation themes. As for "Minimis", isn't that only an Android-based theme?

18 hours ago, bundangdon said:

Does this mean that you'll be developing themes for Pegasus also? I've tried it myself and wasn't all that impressed, although could certainly see some potential. My biggest gripes are that Pegasus is very user-unfriendly and the themes I've seen for it all look like duplicates of AttractMode and EmulationStation themes. As for "Minimis", isn't that only an Android-based theme?

I think all the themes work on every platform including Minimis. I'm using it on Windows. Pegasus has few options and it even feels too simple, but I found out that I don't really need a feature creep frontend. I love Launchbox for keeping my data up to date, but I'm not fan of BigBox. For me it's too sluggish and I really hate xaml 🙂

12 hours ago, Juketsu said:

I think all the themes work on every platform including Minimis. I'm using it on Windows. Pegasus has few options and it even feels too simple, but I found out that I don't really need a feature creep frontend. I love Launchbox for keeping my data up to date, but I'm not fan of BigBox. For me it's too sluggish and I really hate xaml 🙂

To each his/her own I guess. I've tried pretty much every frontend out there, and in terms of simplicity, I like EmulationStation the best (the build used in Batocera, not the original version) and for a  much more feature-rich and full experience I'll stick with Launchbox/BigBox

• Like 1
  • Game On 1

• 3 months later...