LaunchBox Community Forums

Platform video issues after updating to 12.14

cor094

Since the update, occasionally if I select a platform/playlist to get into the game list, when I hit escape to back from game list to platform list the current selected platform video doesn't play, just black. Moving up or down platform gets it to show up again.  Is it possible to undo the update? Thanks!

Edited by cor094

Just now, C-Beats said:

You can always revert by running the previous installer over your current install. The install process doesn't touch your metadata or media so you're data is safe.

Out of curiosity what theme(s) are you seeing this behavior with?

Unified Refried. I don't think ithat theme has been updated for a while, so I'm always hesitant with updating.

11 hours ago, C-Beats said:

@Rlad @kmoney @cor094 Are there certain views you see it with more often than others? Also what video playback engine are you using? WMP or VLC?

I have been using the Unified CTC theme using platform view 2 using VLC lately. I really haven't tried any other themes other than the default and I could not reproduce the issue with the default theme. But I also have not used the default theme as much either. I think it is going to be a tough nut to crack because it is random and like was mentioned earlier it only happens about 20 percent of the time. I also think it only happens randomly when I don't have "Skip Game Details Screen View" checked in the options as well.

11 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

So the video not playing correctly is the one on the platform screen. Shouldn't really matter, but which view are you using on it? Platforms, Categories, or Playlists?

Yes that is correct, the one on the platform screen on the platforms view.

11 hours ago, C-Beats said:

@Rlad @kmoney @cor094 Are there certain views you see it with more often than others? Also what video playback engine are you using? WMP or VLC?

Coverbox (modded with CTC), VLC, Platform category.

Previously it was the Gamecube video and some others, tried platform and text details view, same thing.

Edit: Just tried WMP, still happens.

Edited by Rlad

I tracked down the cause and it will be corrected in the next release. Has to do with the fact those themes use FlowVideo instead of the other controls typically used and that control had a timing issue if you entered a platform too quick. Thanks for working with me to track this down. While waiting on the correction, if you just let the video start playing before entering the platform the video will resume when coming back.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 8/5/2022 at 4:01 PM, C-Beats said:

I tracked down the cause and it will be corrected in the next release. Has to do with the fact those themes use FlowVideo instead of the other controls typically used and that control had a timing issue if you entered a platform too quick. Thanks for working with me to track this down. While waiting on the correction, if you just let the video start playing before entering the platform the video will resume when coming back.

Hello.

Version 13.11 (latest up to this moment)

This is still happening.

Transition->Platform video transition (Fade or fade quick) video wont resume when returning to platform.

Rotate horizontal triangle works. Video resumes normally.

image.thumb.jpeg.4605d689ae1500202c92d280195cff3f.jpeg