LaunchBox Community Forums

MAME Software List Command-Line Settings for all systems.

ci2own

I spent a lot of time importing most of the known computers from MAME Software Lists to my LaunchBox, and i would like to share all the collected info on an excel sheet and help saving time to other people.

Feel free to comment if something wrong, or if want to add a missing system.

I didn't add the systems with just Operating Systems, System Utilities, etc. on the romset.

If someone have more info and wants to share, i'll be happy to include it to this document.

I would like to give credits to all the internet community ;)

MAME Software Lists Settings.xlsx

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 9/5/2022 at 7:13 PM, ci2own said:

I spent a lot of time importing most of the known computers from MAME Software Lists to my LaunchBox, and i would like to share all the collected info on an excel sheet and help saving time to other people.

Feel free to comment if something wrong, or if want to add a missing system.

I didn't add the systems with just Operating Systems, System Utilities, etc. on the romset.

If someone have more info and wants to share, i'll be happy to include it to this document.

I would like to give credits to all the internet community ;)

MAME Software Lists Settings.xlsx 31.85 kB · 6 downloads

Extremely helpful! Thank you for sharing! I've started this thread for sharing autoboot commands. Check it out, maybe there is something in there you can use =).

By the way, have you figured out an easy / automated way to sort the actual games from software in mame SL folders? When importing mame SL collections, there are always so many non-games that it makes browsing and launching games not fun at all.

1 hour ago, SiriusVI said:

Extremely helpful! Thank you for sharing! I've started this thread for sharing autoboot commands. Check it out, maybe there is something in there you can use =).

By the way, have you figured out an easy / automated way to sort the actual games from software in mame SL folders? When importing mame SL collections, there are always so many non-games that it makes browsing and launching games not fun at all.

Thanks! I've seen a few posts talking about the same, but i wanted to put together all possible command-line for "computers". I also checked your thread and used it to setup my systems ;).

Also i found the attached txt file in progettoemma, which has very good info too  (though not always work probably because of the mame/roms version and updates).

Regarding a way to sort only games from mame software lists, i guess there's no easy automated way. You may want to check in No-Intro Romsets. I guess they're more about games than software and probably are the same files with the "Right Name".

MAME Software List Instructions.txt

• Like 1