LaunchBox Community Forums

Platform artwork location

slydog43

Thanks, never saw that. 

I found a bug/issue though.  When I choose an image for the logo (logo.png) it works fine and then I can choose another image and have it named anything.  If I don't have an image you can't pick an image for box if you don't know what it should be called.  Hope that makes sense.

anyone know what Box Image should be named? 

I also still want to know where Launchbox will store these though.

Edited by slydog43

On 9/7/2022 at 6:43 PM, slydog43 said:

Thanks, never saw that. 

I found a bug/issue though.  When I choose an image for the logo (logo.png) it works fine and then I can choose another image and have it named anything.  If I don't have an image you can't pick an image for box if you don't know what it should be called.  Hope that makes sense.

anyone know what Box Image should be named? 

I also still want to know where Launchbox will store these though.

No offence but most of your comment didn't make sense. 

I think (I could be wrong though) that what you're describing is a mistake on your part and not a bug.

It doesn't matter what any of your images are named.  All you have to do is create a folder and put all your custom images in there.  Open Launchbox and go to the game you want to edit.  click and hold (or press and hold) on the game/platform to open the options popup, select change media, then choose which image you want to change and use the browser to find the image you want to use.  Once you select any image and then go back it should show.

Edited by SegaDreamer
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/25/2023 at 10:32 AM, Flyojumper said:

I am actually curious myself about the location of those platform artwork. I know I can import them in the app but for the sake of organization (and curiosity), I'd like to know where they are stored locally (I have root so no problem accessing data folder but I couldn't find them).

They are stored in the LaunchBox folder, but only if they are changed. The default images are stored in the app itself.