LaunchBox Community Forums

Bezel Project does not work for PS2 Games

DrFrancky

I use RetroArch for PS2 games and when importing games i am prompted to download Bezel Project media. But when i play the games the bezels are missing. I can manualy add them via RetroArch but thats not the idea. 
The rest of the supported systems works as intendet. 

• 1 month later...

Just a couple of points. Neil is correct in that there are no 'Themed' bezels yet for PS2 (this is on our todo list), however a complete 'System Art' bezel pack does exist for PS2. It has bezels of the following look and type.

2129760555_4x4Evo(USA).thumb.png.0951dacbe159404f7f825a5e99e6822b.png

Second, RocketLauncher bezel installation is only supported by the Project's Windows Bezel utility found here: https://github.com/thebezelproject/BezelProject-Windows

16 minutes ago, jannick said:

I am also having problems with this, I watched a few video guides but still can't fix this error.

Need more info. What error? When trying to do what?

Don't forget, if you install a bezel type/pack and the bezels don't show up when you run your games, the most likely issue is a naming issue. The rom names must match the names of the bezels. We use the 'redump' data bases for systems that originally used optical media.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi. I want to update this post.
So maybe things changed this year, but i got bezels files in RetroArch\overlays\GameBezels\PS2

Still, i got nothing inside RetroArch\config\pcsx2 (alpha)
(where there is usually config files that point to the right bezel to use)

Is that normal ?

5 hours ago, Nixx said:

So maybe things changed this year, but i got bezels files in RetroArch\overlays\GameBezels\PS2

Is that normal ?

The PS2 bezels currently only have the directory names of PCSX2 and Play! in the config directory. If you are using a different core with another name, just rename one of the existing ones and you should see bezels after that.

• 1 month later...
On 7/17/2023 at 10:25 AM, Nixx said:

Is that normal ?

Look in the other PCSX2 folder. Grab all cfg files and copy them to PCSX2(alpha). Job done. Have a beer.