LaunchBox Community Forums

Trying to add Kodi

dmaker

I created a Windows platform and then manually added a game and pointed it to my kodi.exe

This should work, no? The process seems pretty straight forward, but I must be missing something. Do I need an add-on or anything like that for Kodi integration?

It does not launch Kodi, though. Nothing happens at all. 

I guess by integration I meant sort of like how Retrobat does it. You simply install Kodi and then enable it from the system settings and voila, you have a Kodi platform and it always launches and always responds to the gamepad for exiting and going back to Retrobat. Hasn't bugged out even once. 

I'd like to try Launchbox on that PC (it's my previous gaming laptop: MSI Dragon, 32 GB of RAM, 1.5 TB of SSD, GTX 980M GPU) for comparison, etc.  Reliable Kodi usage is pretty key to this build, though. If I can't get that, I'd have to stick with Retrobat. 

Edited by dmaker

10 hours ago, dmaker said:

It does not launch Kodi, though. Nothing happens at all. 

I guess by integration I meant sort of like how Retrobat does it. You simply install Kodi and then enable it from the system settings and voila, you have a Kodi platform and it always launches and always responds to the gamepad for exiting and going back to Retrobat. Hasn't bugged out even once. 

I'd like to try Launchbox on that PC (it's my previous gaming laptop: MSI Dragon, 32 GB of RAM, 1.5 TB of SSD, GTX 980M GPU) for comparison, etc.  Reliable Kodi usage is pretty key to this build, though. If I can't get that, I'd have to stick with Retrobat. 

I've been looking at stuff like CP78 or Core Type R and while they look gorgeous, even the base builds are gigantic. I'd love to try out the CP78 base edition, but it's probably super huge. Even if I had a hard drive that could accommodate it, you need almost double the space on the drive as you have to download an 800 GB archive and then extract it too. Anyway, I did get an invite for backup-ups.me   Maybe I will be able to find a nice LB build that I can squeeze on to my disk. 

Kodi works just fine, it's just a .exe add it like any other windows game, if its not working then you must have some settings wrong in the import wizard, it needs no special settings at all. As for builds you will get no help, support, or advice from anyone here. In fact i am going to ask a moderator to clean up your post to remove your mentions of such things and sites, that is not allowed here.

Edited by neil9000