LaunchBox Community Forums

Is AetherSX2 Still Working?

SiobonkeyKong

11 hours ago, Pyrometheous said:

I'm running into issues on my Retroid Pocket 3+ with launchbox and AetherSx2, I'm using the play store version, and it sounds like that's broken now. What version of AetherSx2 should I be looking for?

Should be running the file AetherSx2-v1.5-3668.apk. Can grab it from the AetherSx2 community Discord

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2023 at 2:49 PM, binarygeek119 said:

on the apps discord there a patch you can run on the latest apk to remove ads and make compatible with LB

I patched Aethersx4248 into Naethersx4248 thanks to the discord but unfortunately, neither Naethersx4248 nor Aethersx 3668 (the version recommended by mods here) seem to allow Launchbox to launch games under Android 13. Naethersx428 works under Android 12 (I have two devices) but fails with a path error message under Android 13.

Do you have Android 13?

To the mods: could we get a patch to get Launchbox to work with either Aethersx2 or patched Naethersx2 under Android 13?

1 hour ago, Flyojumper said:

I patched Aethersx4248 into Naethersx4248 thanks to the discord but unfortunately, neither Naethersx4248 nor Aethersx 3668 (the version recommended by mods here) seem to allow Launchbox to launch games under Android 13. Naethersx428 works under Android 12 (I have two devices) but fails with a path error message under Android 13.

Do you have Android 13?

To the mods: could we get a patch to get Launchbox to work with either Aethersx2 or patched Naethersx2 under Android 13?

Noted; we will have to test this and see what can be done.

5 hours ago, binarygeek119 said:

i have a pixel 7 pro running android 13 and the patch works for me. althought i am rooted, but the patch or lb or Naethersx2 request root, so should be a nonpoint.

I have root as well. Would you mind posting your patched apk of Naethersx? Is it v4248? Mine has a checksum of CRC32 of 124051c7, is yours the same? I'd really love to get Aethersx2 to boot right on LB and would greatly appreciate any help.

16 hours ago, binarygeek119 said:

Be sure to follow directions of install. Basically copy memory cards to safe directory delete the original folder Install app then replace memory cards with the original backed up ones. You must delete original folder for it to work

Binarygeek119, thank you very much for taking the time to not only reply but post a copy of your apk and a video, very much appreciated.

I have managed to completely solve my problem with Aethersx and I tracked the issue down to a very peculiar reason: it turns out that folder paths can be case sensitive in some cases and not case sensitive in others. My roms were in a folder called "Sony PlayStation 2" and Lunchbox had it internally in its xml as "Sony Playstation 2". When passing that to AetherSX it would result in an error, but interestingly from within AetherSX2 it can ignore case sensitivity because it could load the rom wether the folder was named "Sony PlayStation 2" or "Sony Playstation 2". I guess it's more picky when the arguments are passed over or something?

In any case, I solved my issue and Launchbox works with patched Aethersx2 under Android 13, Jason you can please ignore this request, thanks.

Edited by Flyojumper
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am about to begin testing top end android box with launchbox this unit has rockchip 3588 octacore cpu and pantacore mali610 with vulkan graphics  It is not cheap either. it will do video at 8k at 60fps. Aethersx2 with last release in march works well directly and with android 12 so even sony ps4 and ps5 controllers work great. The Box listed above is H96 Max V58 with 64Gb Rom 8 Gb Ram

Edited by Technut
forgot to name the box

14 hours ago, Technut said:

I am about to begin testing top end android box with launchbox this unit has rockchip 3588 octacore cpu and pantacore mali610 with vulkan graphics  It is not cheap either. it will do video at 8k at 60fps. Aethersx2 with last release in march works well directly and with android 12 so even sony ps4 and ps5 controllers work great. The Box listed above is H96 Max V58 with 64Gb Rom 8 Gb Ram

If you use the patch provided on their discord server, even the newer versions of AetherSX2 will work. I heard they did bring improvements to some harder to emulate games.