LaunchBox Community Forums

Wheel Sounds

dugan26

Hi All -

Just letting you all know- i am up and running! haha thanks for all the help on my other posts.

Im pretty much solid right now.

One more question though- 

In Hyperspin there were wheel sounds (im definitely not going back to hs) 

Does Big Box support sounds on the wheel? so as i browse through my games it makes the gobble gobble sound on pack man and the ding dring dring ding (jumping sound) on Donkey Kong etc .... 

?

4 minutes ago, dugan26 said:

Hi All -

Just letting you all know- i am up and running! haha thanks for all the help on my other posts.

Im pretty much solid right now.

One more question though- 

In Hyperspin there were wheel sounds (im definitely not going back to hs) 

Does Big Box support sounds on the wheel? so as i browse through my games it makes the gobble gobble sound on pack man and the ding dring dring ding (jumping sound) on Donkey Kong etc .... 

?

https://forums.launchbox-app.com/files/category/3-sound-packs/

Thanks for the link-

Where do i drop these files into Launchbox? 

Is this for the "wheel"? 

Meaning when i browse the games these sounds will play?

If yes, are there sound packs for full emulators such as Super Nintendo ... is there a sound pack for all super nintendo games? or are these custom for certain groupings of games such as "Sonic" 

39 minutes ago, dugan26 said:

Thanks for the link-

Where do i drop these files into Launchbox? 

Is this for the "wheel"? 

Meaning when i browse the games these sounds will play?

If yes, are there sound packs for full emulators such as Super Nintendo ... is there a sound pack for all super nintendo games? or are these custom for certain groupings of games such as "Sonic" 

The audio files go in the \Launchbox\Sounds folder. 

These are only sounds that are made when moving around in LB. A sound for "back", "move", "select", and "startup". 

9 minutes ago, dugan26 said:

got it thanks

So there is no equivalent to Hyperspin sounds when moving up and down the wheel? Trust me im not going back. too many great features and support in LB

Not sure exactly what you mean. Never used Hyperspin so cannot compare. What ever audio file is named “move” in your \Sounds folder is what sound will trigger when you move up/down or left/right in a wheel in BB. 

We support multiple sounds files per sound as well as platform specific sounds but we do not currently have any game specific sound logic. Never used Hyperspin so I'm not entirely sure how they handle navigational sounds to be able to compare. There are several options in the "Sound" section of the options menu that drives a lot of logic regarding sounds. You can look there.