LaunchBox Community Forums

Missing files in Mame

tmcthree

Hey all, apologies, I suspect this is a really dumb question but...

I have 7 ROMs for mame that work fine when I launch them with RetroArch, but when I try to launch them with LaunchBox, some of them don't launch.

If I open Mame and try to launch them I get a number of errors with the failed roms. The majority of the errors are things like

"s9263b.1s (sf2ce) - not found"

or ioc1,ic7 (sf2ce) - incorrect length.

Any idea what's going on and why the same rom works in Retroarch not but not LaunchBox? 

7 hours ago, tmcthree said:

Hey all, apologies, I suspect this is a really dumb question but...

I have 7 ROMs for mame that work fine when I launch them with RetroArch, but when I try to launch them with LaunchBox, some of them don't launch.

If I open Mame and try to launch them I get a number of errors with the failed roms. The majority of the errors are things like

"s9263b.1s (sf2ce) - not found"

or ioc1,ic7 (sf2ce) - incorrect length.

Any idea what's going on and why the same rom works in Retroarch not but not LaunchBox? 

Likely you have the wrong retroarch core set in Launchbox, change it to the one that works outside of Launchbox. You cant just use random mame roms with random versions of the mame emulator, mame doesnt work like that, you need to match your rom version and mame version for true compatability.

Hey, thanks for your reply,

I'm pretty certain I'm using compatible mame and roms 

Here is the mame version 
image.thumb.png.81673c228c742d404dbe96ca5b8d006c.png

And I'm downloading the from here which seems to be 0.249 roms...

I think I#ve installed the bios zips too (but I'm not 100%)
but when I try to run some of the later Street Fighter games I get these type of errors
image.thumb.png.711cb4148287e672638681378cf022dd.png

image.thumb.png.f8cf2b913d9a873f995d0a8f74d49a16.png

Or marble madness throws these
image.thumb.png.ff8cd30365d38e28610f07a84469a526.png

Do I have to download the whole romset archive for these to work? I'm trying to avoid that.

Thanks in advance

Edited by Lordmonkus
Removed link to roms.

Please do not post links to roms.

A full set is not necessary but is recommended unless you know what you are doing.

Those error messages are telling you exactly what is missing and you need to have those files to go with your games. If you downloaded roms for certain games using a Merged set you will need the bios files as well. If you want to just download individual game roms you will want to use a Non Merged set since those individual zip files are fully functional games with the bios in with it.

Here in the following video you can see actual and 100% easy Solution for " ioc1.ic7 (260 bytes) - INCORRECT LENGTH: 279 bytes " error ,

watch the video for easy solution for ioc1.ic7 error

if someone is facing ioc1.ic1 (260 bytes) - INCORRECT LENGTH: 279 bytes , this error usually comes in MAME Game cadillacs and dinosaurs so for Solution watch following video ,

Edited by Retro808
Links removed. Do not post links to sites that contain roms/roms support files.

On 11/12/2022 at 2:51 AM, tmcthree said:

Do I have to download the whole romset archive for these to work? I'm trying to avoid that.

Unless you are getting Non-Merged sets then yes. Many games share files and also you would be missing the bios files too, essentially you are not downloading working roms by doing what you are doing.