LaunchBox Community Forums

3-DIMENSIONS

faeran

3-DIMENSIONS

View File

A showcase of the new 3-D Box Models in Big Box. This theme contains 8 game views, each with its own unique 3-D box model wheel layout.

This theme can be utilized by theme developers as a way to learn how the new FlowModel works within and without a FlowControl. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask within the comments section of this file.

• Like 1

Hey Faeran, thanks for this theme.   Couple of thing I wanted to see about.   First off, all the box logos are upside down, on the wheel, for every game - categories and platforms show up normally.

image.thumb.png.b641d98266c5129946b2d6bb4b1d62d6.png

Second, when changing between categories, platforms and games - the wheel moves VERY slowly.  I can press the button repeatedly to make it move rapidly, but just pressing it once takes a good 3-4 seconds to get to the next entry on the wheel.

Thank you!

8 hours ago, denmiclaw said:

Hey Faeran, thanks for this theme.   Couple of thing I wanted to see about.   First off, all the box logos are upside down, on the wheel, for every game - categories and platforms show up normally.

image.thumb.png.b641d98266c5129946b2d6bb4b1d62d6.png

Second, when changing between categories, platforms and games - the wheel moves VERY slowly.  I can press the button repeatedly to make it move rapidly, but just pressing it once takes a good 3-4 seconds to get to the next entry on the wheel.

Thank you!

This is actually a LaunchBox setting and not a theme specific one. You have complete control of what the box models look like, and the theme just displays them. However, the upside down logo, the default rotation should be fixed in the next beta release of LaunchBox, as I do believe it's facing the wrong way by default.

As far as the wheel movement, yes, this was by choice, it takes the same amount of time for Big Box to tell that you have switched to the next platform, but the animation just sort of glides to the finish. So, while it doesn't take 4 seconds for the platform info to appear (that's only about 0.8 seconds no matter the speed of the wheel), or for you to be able to enter into the platform, the full animation takes 4 seconds, but majority of the animation completes in about 0.8 seconds and the rest of it is a gentle glide. You are right that the more rapidly you press the button the quicker the animation gets, and that's just the way Big Box has always been.

I love this theme. My favourite view would be Vertical Wheel 2, but the selected box is all warped :( I assume this is a perspective thing to make the boxes look neater in the wheel, but it does take away from the actual joy of rotating around the selected box. Is it fixable?

Thanks for your time!

Untitled.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2022 at 5:40 PM, Dugular said:

I love this theme. My favourite view would be Vertical Wheel 2, but the selected box is all warped :( I assume this is a perspective thing to make the boxes look neater in the wheel, but it does take away from the actual joy of rotating around the selected box. Is it fixable?

Thanks for your time!

Untitled.png

yeah, it's a camera perspective thing. I could probably have another crack at adjusting the camera settings, but that probably won't be for a while.

7 hours ago, stewbaby said:

Love this theme. Is there any way to hide the game details? I just want to see the boxes. I thought it was a setting but I haven't been able to get any results.

Since this is a custom theme, you will have to dive into the XAML view files in order to remove the parts of the theme you do not want to see.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

What images are needed to make this theme look like the example images? Specifically:

• Proper box art on the sides/spines
  • Jewel cases for appropriate games (Sega CD, PlayStation, Saturn, etc are all just sort-of CD sized boxes).

The lone review on this theme says "you have to download the borders or the complete covers from Emumovies" but I do not have those options in the image search.

10 minutes ago, Corgana said:

What images are needed to make this theme look like the example images? Specifically:

• Proper box art on the sides/spines
  • Jewel cases for appropriate games (Sega CD, PlayStation, Saturn, etc are all just sort-of CD sized boxes).

The lone review on this theme says "you have to download the borders or the complete covers from Emumovies" but I do not have those options in the image search.

Well, 3D Models are not specific to this theme, but if you want your 3D Models to shine, you'll need to download some Box - Spine images. It's a fairly new image type, but there are some available here on the forums, which you can use the Image Pack tools in LaunchBox with, and the Games Database is starting to get images for them. EmuMovies also has some available, although from what I can tell most of their packs are fanmade recreations, but it may be better than the clear logo that gets displayed as its fall back.

In total, 3D Models use:

• Box - Front image group
  • Box - Back image group
  • Box - Spine image type

There's currently no jewel case model yet (right now there's Box and DVD Case), although I hear that may be coming in a future LaunchBox update, and when it does it should automatically be used by their appropriate platforms.

Either way, you'll need those 3 image groups for each game to make the new 3D Models look their best.

• 3 weeks later...

My favorite theme so far, too. Really awesome with the 3D covers.

Just, I would like to see the videos instead of gameplay screenshot, anybody knows how to change that?

edit: I also wouldn't mind, if the video box would be a little bigger...

edit²: Now I found the option to change the background transparency, so the video in the background has no layer above, which is already pretty good.

image.thumb.png.d4657cee711afb51f56ac732cc505817.png

Edited by Ell Aeon

• 6 months later...

Hello faeran,

I'm having an issue while uninstalling the 3-DIMENSIONS theme from BigBox. Whenever I try it, BigBox needs to be restarted and after restart, the theme is still there but needs an update this time. I have tried it many time including trying to repair it. I guess maybe BigBox uses one of it's functions now and can't replace it with default. Of course I have tried to switch other themes before deleting the 3-Dimensions as well. Any suggestions?