LaunchBox Community Forums

Concerning the 3D Boxes Update

Durandahl

I want this as well. I cant stand the rotating box. Its not good when scrolling through your games. I posted this on another thread but not had a response.

I tried to go back to 12.16 but its gives me an error so re-installed 13 to get it working again. Hopefully they post a quick update so we can turn it off.

5 hours ago, DM2_uk said:

I want this as well. I cant stand the rotating box. Its not good when scrolling through your games. I posted this on another thread but not had a response.

I tried to go back to 12.16 but its gives me an error so re-installed 13 to get it working again. Hopefully they post a quick update so we can turn it off.

Revert, then go to LaunchBox\Data and remove InputBindings.xml file and you should be good to go. You will need to remap your controller bindings inside of LaunchBox and Big Box though after doing this.

2 hours ago, Durandahl said:

Just thought I'd attach an image of the issue. I think the tech behind the 3d is very impressive but it's not for me.

BoxIssue.jpg

This is because you are using the 3D Box image as a Box Front image. If you removed 3D Box from the Front Image group you wouldn't see those black area's around the box. If you change your image priorities though you will need to delete your image cache and let it repopulate.

3 hours ago, C-Beats said:

This is because you are using the 3D Box image as a Box Front image. If you removed 3D Box from the Front Image group you wouldn't see those black area's around the box. If you change your image priorities though you will need to delete your image cache and let it repopulate.

That seems to have done the trick, many thanks!

3 hours ago, C-Beats said:

Revert, then go to LaunchBox\Data and remove InputBindings.xml file and you should be good to go. You will need to remap your controller bindings inside of LaunchBox and Big Box though after doing this.

I'm getting the below error. I've reported it on the github but can I just double check I am doing it correctly. I try and install 12.16 from the updates folder to the same location 13 is installed. That is the correct way isn't it?

Requested value 'BigBoxRotateModelDown' was not found.

App: LaunchBox
Version: 12.16
Type: System.ArgumentException
Site: Boolean TryParseByName(System.RuntimeType, System.String, System.ReadOnlySpan`1[System.Char], Boolean, Boolean, UInt64 ByRef)
Source: System.Private.CoreLib

at System.Enum.TryParseByName(RuntimeType enumType, String originalValueString, ReadOnlySpan1 value, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean throwOnFailure, UInt64& result) at System.Enum.TryParseInt32Enum(RuntimeType enumType, String originalValueString, ReadOnlySpan1 value, Int32 minInclusive, Int32 maxInclusive, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean throwOnFailure, TypeCode type, Int32& result)
at System.Enum.TryParse(Type enumType, String value, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean throwOnFailure, Object& result)
at System.Enum.Parse(Type enumType, String value)
at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Data.DataItem.PublishAdvisableTest(Type , Object )
at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Data.DataItem.LoadFromReader(XmlReader reader)
at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Data.DataManager.LogoutConcreteFactory()
at ParamsGetter.ValidateAdvisableTests(Object , ParamsGetter )
at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Data.DataManager.OrderConcreteFactory(Boolean initreguired, Boolean isord)
at RegistryGetter.ValidateAdvisableTests(Object , Boolean initreguired, Boolean isord, RegistryGetter )
at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Data.DataManager..ctor(Boolean bare, Boolean settingsOnly)
at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.App..ctor()
at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.Program.Main(String[] args)

Recent Log:

18:25:47 Exception

@DM2_uk down grade your installation and then with LaunchBox closed navigate to \\LaunchBox\Data and delete the InputBindings.xml file and you can start it back up. Doing so DOES clear your controller mappings in both LaunchBox and Big Box though so you will want to remap them after the fact.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Is there really no option to turn off the 3D models? It shouldn't be mandatory to have them...I feel like its extra taxing on my PC and made the scrolling slower.

I just prefer the nice 2D images (its how I've always had my emulators)

Please with a future update, have an option to turn them off 

Edited by Gustavus

6 hours ago, Gustavus said:

Is there really no option to turn off the 3D models? It shouldn't be mandatory to have them...I feel like its extra taxing on my PC and made the scrolling slower.

This is just a quick solution, but if you're using BigBox, you can use an older theme and they should be turned off in most cases. For example, I'm using the "Unified Lives" theme and the 3D models aren't appearing on the screen

22 hours ago, Gustavus said:

You can turn them off in the latest Beta.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Will the 3D box be turned off in 13.1? Or at least the flip function and rotation can be deactivated?

• Improvement: Added a setting to enable or disable 3D models in Game Details
  • Improvement: Added a setting to enable or disable 3D models in CoverFlow views

Don't want the box to be accidentally rotated by joystick. Or what does those changelog notes mean?

11 hours ago, pomod said:

Will the 3D box be turned off in 13.1? Or at least the flip function and rotation can be deactivated?

• Improvement: Added a setting to enable or disable 3D models in Game Details
  • Improvement: Added a setting to enable or disable 3D models in CoverFlow views

Don't want the box to be accidentally rotated by joystick. Or what does those changelog notes mean?

Remove the controller bindings for the rotations if you don't want them to be. Changelog means there is a setting that can be used to tell the view to use the old way or the new way of showing those views. The old way makes it a static image.

• 1 year later...

Apologies for reviving a dead topic but is there an option for the 3D boxes (which have grown on me!) to auto rotate? If it's theme specific that might be the issue as I exclusively use emulationstation and it hasn't been updated in ages.

8 hours ago, Durandahl said:

Apologies for reviving a dead topic but is there an option for the 3D boxes (which have grown on me!) to auto rotate? If it's theme specific that might be the issue as I exclusively use emulationstation and it hasn't been updated in ages.

Not at the moment. I'd have to review that code to see if it's something that could be accomplished via animation or not.