LaunchBox Community Forums

Big Box "Game Image Type" setting not working

Tig77

Hello everyone,

I'm running LaunchBox 13.0 on Windows 11, just installed the program for the first time and purchased.  When I go into Big Box mode and change the settings in Big Box under Options --> Images --> Game Image Type and change it to let's say carts or screenshots or anything, the games still show whatever they're set to show in Desktop mode instead.  If I change the view type in Desktop mode, it will show how I want it in Big Box.  Is there something I'm missing?  I've looked through the program options in Desktop Mode and in Big Box for hours but couldn't figure this out.  I'm using the default theme and I do have carts and screenshots (and boxes and 3D boxes) available for all 3 games I added (just installed for the first time yesterday). @Jason Carr said I should post this question here.

Thanks for any help!

Edited by Tig77

7 hours ago, Tig77 said:

I have tried every wheel configuration in the default theme, but no matter what I do the "Game Image Type" setting under Options --> Images does not change anything.

That option won't do anything in the current default theme. It's essentially an option for a user to set what image group would appear in the game wheel IF the theme's wheel code doesn't hard code a specific image type. Most themes these days hardcode an image type which overrides that setting.

Based on your original post, I'm assuming you are trying to get a specific image to appear in the Game Details view, or at least something outside of the game wheel, and the only way to do that is what you did, make the change in LaunchBox by changing the Image Group on a per-platform basis, and that will get reflected in Big Box.