LaunchBox Community Forums

Creating Your Own Video Snaps?

Mikee580

3 hours ago, hdjoe22 said:

Not sure on how to make a full video from scratch but I took one from the batocera site and added my logo video at the end of it pretty seamlessly in a trial of adobe premier. I wish I could just buy the software and not be forced into a monthly subscription to use it.

I hate the subscription model.  It's horrible.

15 hours ago, Mikee580 said:

Just a quick question on video snaps, any how to guides or software advise on how to get started please?

Attached example.

if you have a graphics card you will have the ability to record whatever is being shown on your display. go into AMD Radeon Settings or Nvidia Control panel, or whatever Intel calls their software equivalent if you're one of the brave consumers who bought an Intel ARC GPU, to find out what the hotkey is to start/end recording (on AMD it defaults to Ctrl + Shift + E). It's as easy as hitting that hotkey once to start recording and then again to stop to create a video file. This may be possible even if you're just running an iGPU, but I'm not sure, I've never tried it before and have never investigated the capability.

Either way, all this is going to do is be able to record a snippet of gameplay, basically whatever is on your screen is what you will be recording. This includes stuff like toast notifications or pop ups, etc. If you wanted fades and cuts to the title screen and stuff like that you need to use video editing software to create that. I use Adobe Premier......I'm quite versed with audio software as I worked as a recording engineer for a while and do it for fun now-a-days, but I'm pretty clueless to giving any good advice on video editing. I know how to do stuff like make video snaps, and that's about it lol. For effects I use cross fades for any merging audio regions and film dissolve and cross dissolve for creating basic fades from one video region to another.

Need to point out video snaps are going to have gameplay representing an individual game. That video you linked to is something you would use for a platform theme video, in this case for your Vetrex platform. It also has quite a bit of advanced editing (in my opinion) in it. So to make something like that right out of the gate is akin to biting off more than you can chew I think.  Take some baby steps first into video editing doing simple stuff and learn more advanced techniques as you go along. Eventually you will get there to make a video as advanced as that one I'm sure. As I think about this more, I bet more than just video software was used to make that too, like maybe Photoshop to create those photos and then used Animate to create all those moving bits, which are then imported into Premier to create the finished video. I don't know for sure though, taking a guess here because making a video like that is above my head....I'd be spending several hours watching youtube tutorials to figure out how.....which by the way......many exist out there.....

12 hours ago, hdjoe22 said:

Not sure on how to make a full video from scratch but I took one from the batocera site and added my logo video at the end of it pretty seamlessly in a trial of adobe premier. I wish I could just buy the software and not be forced into a monthly subscription to use it.

9 hours ago, damageinc86 said:

I hate the subscription model.  It's horrible.

I agree, worst thing they have done to their software in decades I think.  You never own the software....just a EULA that says you are allowed to use it between period X and Y....and that enrages me. It's part of this "you will own nothing and be happy" ideology that is completely unrealistic in my opinion.

Edited by faeran
Please don't link to pirated software

• 11 months later...