LaunchBox Community Forums

COMMUNITY Theme Creator Version 2.5 now available

5 hours ago, PaulyC said:

Here it is after publising the second time.  All working fine

831858683_Screenshot(194).thumb.png.17496c20e1cd0474273c6b710848665e.png

im not experiencing these issues, i can publish 1st time, theme is fine in bigbox, subsequent publishing still remains fine in BigBox.

as i now have your theme, can you be more specific with your issue.  What view were you in, what was your filter criteria (platform, all games, playlist etc..)

6 hours ago, y2guru said:

im not experiencing these issues, i can publish 1st time, theme is fine in bigbox, subsequent publishing still remains fine in BigBox.

as i now have your theme, can you be more specific with your issue.  What view were you in, what was your filter criteria (platform, all games, playlist etc..)

So it’s set to platform category (with arcade, consoles, handhelds etc) at the start.  Then I go into a platforms and I choose any platform and it’s like the picture.  

In the pic it was is in vertical wheel 1 and I selected Arcade and Naomi.

Ill try and recreate it when I get home and see if it’s just the videos that I have not set a position condition on which is all the arcade and most of the consoles I think offhand

5 hours ago, PaulyC said:

So it’s set to platform category (with arcade, consoles, handhelds etc) at the start.  Then I go into a platforms and I choose any platform and it’s like the picture.  

In the pic it was is in vertical wheel 1 and I selected Arcade and Naomi.

Ill try and recreate it when I get home and see if it’s just the videos that I have not set a position condition on which is all the arcade and most of the consoles I think offhand

i dont have all the platforms that you have coded for, but the ones i do, they position as expected.  I suspect you have a missing condition

image.thumb.png.4f253bf641bb1d8db50cf8ced6c2a24d.png

i added animation to your "Gameplay Video" element, force opacity to 0 and bring it back to 100% once selected

much better transition otherwise you see the previous selected game briefly inside the new playform.

you should do all your testing using the all games view, i went to the bottom of the list (ZOOP, Zool etc..) and worked my way up

4 hours ago, y2guru said:

also, you are using filtertitle to display platform specific artwork, you should use platform   

I ended up using filtertitle due a conversations we had a while back to fix the playlist videoborder images not showing.   Ill put it back to platfrom though and see if the many changes in Bigbox and CTC have fixed it.

4 hours ago, y2guru said:

image.thumb.png.4f253bf641bb1d8db50cf8ced6c2a24d.png

i added animation to your "Gameplay Video" element, force opacity to 0 and bring it back to 100% once selected

much better transition otherwise you see the previous selected game briefly inside the new playform.

you should do all your testing using the all games view, i went to the bottom of the list (ZOOP, Zool etc..) and worked my way up

Thanks for this i'll add that,  Could you tell me the start times and durations you used for them all though as i am usless with the animations lol.   

Thanks for the tip on testing in the all games view as well i never thought of that 👍

Edited by PaulyC

5 hours ago, y2guru said:

i dont have all the platforms that you have coded for, but the ones i do, they position as expected.  I suspect you have a missing condition

Sorry i didnt see this.  If something is missing though wouldn't it be broken everytime i publish?    This problem doesnt happen very often just every now and then

11 minutes ago, PaulyC said:

I ended up using filtertitle due a conversations we had a while back to fix the playlist videoborder images not showing.   Ill put it back to platfrom though and see if the many changes in Bigbox and CTC have fixed it.

Thanks for this i'll add that,  Could you tell me the start times and durations you used for them all though as i am usless with the animations lol.   

Thanks for the tip on testing in the all games view as well i never thought of that 👍

0.25, duration=.5

6 minutes ago, PaulyC said:

Sorry i didnt see this.  If something is missing though wouldn't it be broken everytime i publish?    This problem doesnt happen very often just every now and then

i havent gotten it at all, published on startup, subsequent publish, publish XAML only.    to be honest if any issues were to occur, i would expect them to occur on the 2nd publish not the 1st

8 minutes ago, y2guru said:

i havent gotten it at all, published on startup, subsequent publish, publish XAML only.    to be honest if any issues were to occur, i would expect them to occur on the 2nd publish not the 1st

Ok no worries.  When it happens again would it help me with sending you the published theme to look at that?

10 minutes ago, y2guru said:

0.25, duration=.5

Thanks

7 minutes ago, PaulyC said:

Ok no worries.  When it happens again would it help me with sending you the published theme to look at that?

Thanks

yes, that would definately help.. the published view in error and the associated project file so i can compare CTC to what was generated.

49 minutes ago, y2guru said:

yes, that would definately help.. the published view in error and the associated project file so i can compare CTC to what was generated.

OK no worries.  So its just the published .xmal for the view in question you want not the whole theme?

I'll try and replicate it and get it over to you tomorrow night when ive finished work. 

9 minutes ago, PaulyC said:

So it did it first time after publishing.  It does it on any filter i select and all the vertical wheel views.  Here's the xaml for the vertical views, let me know if you need the whole theme.

Views.zip 134.51 kB · 1 download

you sent me 4 vertical views, i assume i only need to check the 1st vertical view.

I need the associated CTC project files

image.thumb.png.b057f95af330f82466b5018dac214f9b.png

i dont need the whole theme, as I will take the project files and overwrite the ones i already have.

1 hour ago, y2guru said:

you sent me 4 vertical views, i assume i only need to check the 1st vertical view.

I need the associated CTC project files

image.thumb.png.b057f95af330f82466b5018dac214f9b.png

i dont need the whole theme, as I will take the project files and overwrite the ones i already have.

Yeah you only need to check the first,  i just thought id send you them all incase you need them.   Heres the files.

Btw i changed the filtertitle to platform like you said and all is working fine now so i no longer need to use filtertitle for the playlists borders to work 👍

On another note i messed up the animations on the gameplay videos so im aware of that lol

Edited by PaulyC

12 hours ago, PaulyC said:

So it did it first time after publishing.  It does it on any filter i select and all the vertical wheel views.  Here's the xaml for the vertical views, let me know if you need the whole theme.

you edited the quote and removed the xaml files, can you re-send the published xaml files.

• Game On 1