LaunchBox Community Forums

COMMUNITY Theme Creator Version 2.5 now available

@y2guru Hi mate,  I'm thinking of making my theme 4:3 as well as 16:9.  You've had a look at my theme and have seen how many layout conditions i have currently (46 at last count).  Would it hurt performance or break anything if i doubled them up with 4:3 conditioning?

Edited by PaulyC

44 minutes ago, PaulyC said:

@y2guru Hi mate,  I'm thinking of making my theme 4:3 as well as 16:9.  You've had a look at my theme and have seen how many layout conditions i have currently (46 at last count).  Would it hurt performance or break anything if i doubled them up with 4:3 conditioning?

i wouldnt try and do too much in 1 theme personally

On 1/24/2023 at 11:11 AM, PaulyC said:

You shouldn't need too much to make your theme compatible across different aspect ratios.  Put your elements into grids, set CTC to 'stretch' and set images to 'fill' as necessary.  It's better to just live with the stretch/shrink as opposed to trying to account for different aspect ratios.  Videos are the one thing I don't let stretch, but I have a black canvas behind the video to fill in gaps.

Rob

8 hours ago, Rob_G said:

You shouldn't need too much to make your theme compatible across different aspect ratios.  Put your elements into grids, set CTC to 'stretch' and set images to 'fill' as necessary.  It's better to just live with the stretch/shrink as opposed to trying to account for different aspect ratios.  Videos are the one thing I don't let stretch, but I have a black canvas behind the video to fill in gaps.

Rob

I’ve done that with most things mate and it works fine, it’s the numerous rectangles I have that change the video to fit into the video borders that is the issue.   Whatever I choose weather it be fill, stretch etc it shifts the video borders making the rectangles that the videos sit in not fit right.

Not sure if this is a Big Box or CTC issue.

Using Launchbox 13.1 and CTC 2.5.2.

I created wall views using "image-box front" for the wheel images and everything looks good and renders well in the CTC. After I publish the theme, the wall views can take up to 30 seconds to completely render in BigBox to show the wheel images. Before, the view would render quickly and cache the images while scrolling thru them. I have this issue even using a 5 column/3 row wall wheel. 

Once the view has loaded, if I go back to Platforms and enter the same view, it renders quickly. However, if i exit BigBox then re-launch BigBox, I'm back to waiting for the view to render again. I've also tried to cache all images and it does not help upon the first viewing.

What's really weird is that I also created a wall wheel using a CTC template and this one seems to render on the fly as normal.

I even completely deleted and recreated the views as I did copy some from a previous theme and I still have the same issue.

Thanks for any insight...

Edited by Surfdeign