LaunchBox Community Forums

Technosys Aamber Pegasus roms wont launch on LB

GIKAS1

Hey everyone! Long time lurker in the forum which has helped me immensely with the problems I had over the years with emulation... However I cant seem to find an answer to this issue im having right now so any help is appreciated!

So the problem is that although the games work fine within mame itself I cant seem to make them launch through launchbox.. I suspect it has something to do with the prompt mame gives you when you try to launch a game which lets you select a bios. Is this correct and if yes is there a way to automate this within launchbox? Many thanks in advance!

Edited by GIKAS1

I think what you're seeing is actually the 'software parts selection menu'.  You can turn it off in MAME under Miscellaneous Options (change "Skip software parts...." to On).  Remember to select Save Configuration before exiting MAME's Configuration Options menu.

Then for the Command Line Parameters in LB under Associated Platforms (of your MAME emulator) I have:

pegasus %romfile%

I just tested Invaders v1.2 and it started up.  

1 hour ago, JoeViking245 said:

I think what you're seeing is actually the 'software parts selection menu'.  You can turn it off in MAME under Miscellaneous Options (change "Skip software parts...." to On).  Remember to select Save Configuration before exiting MAME's Configuration Options menu.

Then for the Command Line Parameters in LB under Associated Platforms (of your MAME emulator) I have:

pegasus %romfile%

I just tested Invaders v1.2 and it started up.  

Many thanks for answering! Even though turning on skip software parts selection menu didnt help me for some reason, turning on skip bios selection menu in the same options menu seems to do the trick (together with the command line command)! Many thanks again for answering!

• Game On 1

• 3 months later...

I’m having trouble launching Pegasus as well.  It’s working in Mame 0.185 and an old Mess 0.149 setup and figured I’d get everything migrated over to 0.253.  

I tried turning off parts selection and bios selection and using my prior default command line parameters of pegasus -cart1 and a new parameter of pegasus %romfile% but neither works. I can see some slight difference in the screen that flashes with those two different parameters but I can’t read it. 

I tried copying the existing 0.185 bios into the 0.253 roms folder as well.  

Two other software list titles are launching fine in my new 0.253 emulator, atom and astrocde.  

I'm stumped.  Any thoughts?  Is there a way to get a log of the failed launch screen that disappears before I can read it?  I can just leave it in 0.185 if it comes down to it but that’s admitting defeat. :)

10 hours ago, JuanFrancisco said:

Sorry, one other important note. It does launch through Mame 0.253 independently of launch box. 

Copy/Move/Whatever "pegasus.zip" into the same folder as your pegasus_cart ROMs are located.  Edit your MAME emulator in LaunchBox and in the Associated Platforms section, for your Pegasus Platform set the Default Command-line Parameters to

pegasus -rompath %romlocation%

image.png.4f8784373a4e1acccf544e42e9fc3615.png

10 hours ago, JoeViking245 said:

Copy/Move/Whatever "pegasus.zip" into the same folder as your pegasus_cart ROMs are located.  Edit your MAME emulator in LaunchBox and in the Associated Platforms section, for your Pegasus Platform set the Default Command-line Parameters to

pegasus -rompath %romlocation%

image.png.4f8784373a4e1acccf544e42e9fc3615.png

No luck.  I was able to use video to capture the screen that pops up briefly.  I'm going to post that and a few images of my setup in case I'm doing something wrong.

image.thumb.png.e58471260d697039dd6ed02ef3e71a4e.png

image.thumb.png.e24f0229b0e281d94c684458c5060c73.png

image.thumb.png.be293ebb2d0ad117c26f2e0521ea537c.png

image.thumb.png.af52fd95fb46d047f2f979d6414c9b0a.png

image.thumb.png.c65cf63a1af5819c5acbed6c61c005cf.png

image.thumb.png.93df62a8868c62ddec06638e5453c248.png

image.png

On 4/28/2023 at 11:42 AM, JuanFrancisco said:

Sorry, one other important note. It does launch through Mame 0.253 independently of launch box. 

I was wondering about this system too, and tried out what was suggested but it didn't work for me either. Afterwards, I did a little bit of research and found a way that works. For the "Command Line Parameters" enter the following:

pegasus -rom1

My guess is that Mame has gone through some changes with this system/software and the command lines were changed as a result.

Thanks everyone!  Two solutions work.  

1.) Use the -Rompath parameter and check the two boxes for quotes and extension. 

2.) change use -rom1 instead of -cart1 and leave the two boxes unchecked. 

no idea why my original parameters don’t work in this emulator setup. 

thanks again, that was driving me crazy. 

• Game On 1