LaunchBox Community Forums

Please keep the correct proportions of original artwork intact, do not force-stretch

kurzih

This isn't the worst case, but I think most of us would agree that NONE of the original artist artwork should be handled like this:

image.thumb.png.e350adeae1221194a9d9af2a14eb1f67.png

Come one ... looks now like Spider-Man has a back pain or something...

So many other cases can easily be found:

real proportions:

1426fa6e-d247-4e6b-8de0-2fa13dce76ff.png

force stretched:

1fc043b2-fec6-4c71-af72-b300f8033e58.png

It's really stands the most when there's supposed to be a rounder object (like the moon/sun)... or dig dug's enemy:

dcd8eccf-1f76-489a-8c3b-7b5d1f527a88.jpg

532e2c21-8755-4911-abdb-9dd419579826.png

I've seen just about too many background images where someone had a weird fixation to FORCE-FIT/FORCE-STRETCH a perfectly good image into a certain size. Please, keep the proportions intact at all costs. There are a millions of way to make an image fit a size of, for example 1920x1080, without force-stretching it (like cropping, adding a frame, fading, getting/scanning a HQ source etc.). Thankfully I've seen also people doing it properly. But this force-stretching habit is one of the reasons I'm keeping my own image folders protected, I wouldn't want "updates" like that. But I guess some of us don't care that much about a little stretch here and there.

But these kind of changes shouldn't be accepted to begin with, wouldn't you agree? Arnie would:

image.thumb.jpeg.714d946f5788b0624e6b3455fe2aa0d9.jpeg

• Like 1

Ha I've seen some of those gormless submissions while moderating. What's more infuriating it's that they tried to stretch fanart that I personally corrected myself!! (Persona 2). Moderating destroys your faith in humanity sometimes...

4 hours ago, Lordmonkus said:

77pbv9.thumb.jpg.3adcf3e09cfbf07dbc1178b6e7e63f33.jpg

LMAO

Edited by Suhrvivor