LaunchBox Community Forums

EU Style 3D Models for PSX

DarrelMayhead

Hello! It would be nice to be able to resize the spine width on the PS1 jewel cases, as they're not quite right at the moment for EU games (can't say for US). The width is around the same size as an audio CD jewel case, which is great for demo discs but actual games don't look right with these thin cases. That's not even considering the anomoly of multi-disc games like FF7-9 or MGS. Would be cool to get support for these things as well. Maybe even being able to change it per game if that's possible because I have all of the OPSM Demos in my collection and they were just in ordinary audio CD jewel cases, but the Essential PS Magazine demo discs were in flat paper sleeves. 3D models are looking great other than that, it just bugs me as the PS1 is one of my favourite systems.

ps1 game case.png

• Like 1

On 1/22/2023 at 6:40 AM, DarrelMayhead said:

Hello! It would be nice to be able to resize the spine width on the PS1 jewel cases, as they're not quite right at the moment for EU games (can't say for US). The width is around the same size as an audio CD jewel case, which is great for demo discs but actual games don't look right with these thin cases. That's not even considering the anomoly of multi-disc games like FF7-9 or MGS. Would be cool to get support for these things as well. Maybe even being able to change it per game if that's possible because I have all of the OPSM Demos in my collection and they were just in ordinary audio CD jewel cases, but the Essential PS Magazine demo discs were in flat paper sleeves. 3D models are looking great other than that, it just bugs me as the PS1 is one of my favourite systems.

ps1 game case.png

Yes, I can say that we are aware of the regional variants (for PAL and other regions) for the different platforms that use jewel cases. We do have plans to keep expanding out the 3D Model system to include them, so just stay tuned. No ETA on when we will get to it, but it's planned.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/23/2023 at 2:43 PM, faeran said:

Yes, I can say that we are aware of the regional variants (for PAL and other regions) for the different platforms that use jewel cases. We do have plans to keep expanding out the 3D Model system to include them, so just stay tuned. No ETA on when we will get to it, but it's planned.

Will PS3 cases also be made to look like their real counterparts? Also is a 3D disc and game cartridge viewer possible?

Edited by crusadeRGP

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/24/2023 at 3:43 AM, faeran said:

Does that plan include variants, such as CD sleeves for demo discs, or double jewel cases (with dual spines)? An option to be able to select a custom case type per game would be awesome. My (physical) PSX EU cases are a mixed bag of wide jewel case, double jewel case, and regular jewel cases, where double jewel cases aren't always multi-disc games (Doom, Tomb Raider), and vice versa (Resident Evil 2).

Is it possible for an end user to create a custom 3D case?