LaunchBox Community Forums

Startup Theme Files Will Not Go Away

drewjbx

Every time I delete these files.. once LB starts they magically re-appear. It would not be so irritating if the Boxart would not spin ridiculously as if it were a disc on the game loading screen.  Where does LB keep a backup of these files and why are they being restored? The image below I don't even have Gamecube or Dreamcast on this build currently.... 

*edit

so even if I edit the Sony Playstation 2.xaml file for example... I just deleted the <!-- DISC ROTATE --> section and it does stop the boxart from spinning. But again, once it is restarted LB restores a backup and overwrites my changes. I even tried to set file as read only.. now LB will not even open due to permissions error... wow ok lol

I don't think any of the image priority settings will work... I am Open to any suggestions at this point!

Image1.png

20230203195613.png

Edited by drewjbx

Never edit the default themes because they always reset themselves to their original files I guess as a safety net just in case. If you want to modify them, create a duplicate folder of the default theme and edit that, then on LaunchBox Settings change the theme from the default to your custom theme.

Edited by Suhrvivor
Corrected typos
  • Thanks 1

On 2/3/2023 at 10:41 PM, drewjbx said:

It would not be so irritating if the Boxart would not spin ridiculously as if it were a disc on the game loading screen

Glad you fixed it, however, this sentence makes me believe you may either have images in the wrong folder, or you have some configuration issues you may want to figure out in your build. There's something in your build that's mistaking boxart images for disc images.