LaunchBox Community Forums

NES Super Mario Bros. Retroachievements glitch

Phlyp

Wasn't really sure where to report launchbox glitches.

Anyway, Super Mario Bros ROM is correct hash for Retroachievements, retroarch is logging them.  However, Launchbox's integration for recognizing achievements on this particular game does not appear to be working on this particular game.

Not a major glitch but wanted to note it

4 minutes ago, Rlad said:

Game titles shouldn't matter it's only using the hash, @Phlyp are you on the latest beta? Some games weren't showing (including Mario games on N64) but have been fixed.

NES Super Mario Bros. is showing for me on beta 3.

Game names do matter in Launchbox/Bigbox, the correct name determines if the achievements show in either UI.

Is your rom archived or extracted? I have the same issue on a lot of games on various platforms when these roms are in zip format but are successful when they're extracted or sometimes vice versa. Try importing 3 copies of the game, 1 extracted, 1 archived in zip format and 1 archived in 7z format and see if any are successful.

Edited by Azgorath

On 2/18/2023 at 10:55 AM, neil9000 said:

Game names do matter in Launchbox/Bigbox, the correct name determines if the achievements show in either UI.

Ok the launchbox naming was the issue, though it's odd because it was named based off of Launchboxs database/ID.  It was previously Super Mario Brothers, when I changed it to Super Mario Bros. it updated to show the achievements in LB.  I will note that neither "Super Mario Brothers" nor "Super Mario Bros." works for syncing the achievements of the Famicom Disk version of the game even though achievements are supported for that version as well.  (Yes, of course I need two different versions of the same exact game lol)