LaunchBox Community Forums

Help with Image submissions being deleted from the database.

jakew

I submitted the below image into the windows version of Chorus in under the box - 3d, world. It was removed after it was approved. There is not a 3d box for it, so I'm confused as to why it was removed. 

I also submitted the spine, the fan-disk and box front that are still there. Do those need to be removed also? 

Chorus.thumb.png.9dc231751b62cb96c23ac46f4402b46d.png

Edited by jakew

You are probably right. I could see that happening, I guess.

I will just stop submitting to the database, even though there will never be an original Box, Disk or Spine for digital downloaded games.

I will remove the others also. I don't want to trigger anyone... was just trying to help. 

Thanks for your help.

11 hours ago, jakew said:

You are probably right. I could see that happening, I guess.

I will just stop submitting to the database, even though there will never be an original Box, Disk or Spine for digital downloaded games.

I will remove the others also. I don't want to trigger anyone... was just trying to help. 

Thanks for your help.

There is nothing wrong with the 3D box you submitted. I have submitted many digital only versions of DVD Photoshop generated covers.  If someone is deleting, then they shouldn't unless poor quality or not accurately reflecting the game. If it is a cover that is not "actual" (or a disc) then fanart version is best category. But for 3D there is no fanart category. All of them are recreations to some degree vs an actual photo.  So I wouldn't remove anything you submitted just because someone who is moderating doesn't know what they are doing and/or doesn't allow other users to decide when importing to not download.  

I agree with you. And you know what it takes to find/create the right images for them. So, it's just a waste of time if they are removed. I didn't keep a lot of them because I don't use them. I know now I should have kept them... but it's okay. Maybe someone will re-submit them. I would recreate them again and I really enjoy it, but I don't think I will continue down that never ending rabbit hole.

I wish everyone the best. 

Thank you sundoak.

• 1 month later...

I’ve had the same thing with my OpebBOR submissions. It takes a lot of time to gather resources and create new content, then someone thinks they have a better idea and uses the image you submitted to crate new, no big deal, it’s there for everyone, but the they remove yours?? Just ignorant.