LaunchBox Community Forums

3ds Citra launching issues

Ducky4546

I am trying to setup a 3ds (*.CCI) to open in launch box. The game runs in Citra just fine and I was able to create a desktop shortcut with the  C;\(emulator.exe) "game file.cci". That opens citra and the game no problem. But when I try to get it to launch Via launch box I get an error "Your rom format is not supported". Is there a setting I need to enable for Citra to launch games correctly? 

Edited by Ducky4546

I just read you might be able to simply rename your file extension from cci to 3ds. Give it a try and see what happens running it from citra then trying it from LB. It won't change the file and you can always rename it back.
Just don't forget to edit the game in LB since it will need to point to the .3ds file.

Edited by 5thWolf

I tried to make it NOT work.  But failed.  If the game can be launched from a shortcut (or better yet, test from the Command Prompt), it'll launch from LaunchBox.

From the Command Prompt I used/typed (long-hand):

"T:\Emulators\Citra\nightly-mingw\citra-qt.exe" "T:\LaunchBox\Games\Nintendo 3DS\3DS0128 - Frogger 3D (Usa)-decrypted.3ds"

Emulator settings in LaunchBox: (Be sure to point to citra-qt.exe. Not "citra.exe".  No checkboxes checked)

image.thumb.png.ce6c82ce17d00afb6795b5eb993d47d0.png

• Like 1