LaunchBox Community Forums

Arcade Emulation Inquiries

HighlanderMarin

Hello All, 
This is my first post the community forum. So, I hope I am writing this in the correct place. 
Regardless, I'll get straight to the point. 

I want to play as many arcade games from the late 90s (98,99) and 2000s as possible. 

I already have Final Burn Neo, Sega Model 2 and MAME. 
(all set up following the amazing youtube video posted by ETA Prime on the Unbroken Software Youtube channel.)
Even added all available CHD's into the main ROMS directory.

So, at this point. Is there any other emulator or anything else I can/should do, to be able to play the most arcade games absolutely possible on my PC with Launchbox?

Also, not sure if this matters but I am utilizing a RTX3070, i9, 64 GB of Ram. 10 Terabytes of SSD space. So file space and power is not really a concern. 

Lastly, I want to thank the creator and the Developers of Launchbox for making such an amazing program. So, thank you. Wherever you are, thank you so much. Hopefully, you're on a tropical island somewhere enjoying yourself. Because all of you deserve it. 

Edited by HighlanderMarin

This website might help you out with a rather comprehensive arcade emulator listing:

Arcade emulators - Emulation General Wiki (gametechwiki.com)

Besides Mame, I'd go with Daphne (Laserdisc games), Supermodel (Sega Model 3), Retroarch-Flycast (Naomi, Atomiswave), Demul (Naomi 1), and Teknoparrot (other modern arcade games). Their information can be found in the website that I mentioned (above). Have fun!

29 minutes ago, bundangdon said:

This website might help you out with a rather comprehensive arcade emulator listing:

Besides Mame, I'd go with Daphne (Laserdisc games), Supermodel (Sega Model 3), Retroarch-Flycast (Naomi, Atomiswave), Demul (Naomi 1), and Teknoparrot (other modern arcade games). Their information can be found in the website that I mentioned (above). Have fun!

Thank you so much!!
I'll do that, I hope you have a great weekend! 

• Game On 1

Bundangdon!! THANK YOU SO MUCH! This was EXACTLY what I was looking for. I appreciate you so much. I just actually looked everything  up and you were right on the money, setting it up now!

16 hours ago, bundangdon said:

Edited by HighlanderMarin
  • Game On 1

14 hours ago, HighlanderMarin said:

Bundangdon!! THANK YOU SO MUCH! This was EXACTLY what I was looking for. I appreciate you so much. I just actually looked everything  up and you were right on the money, setting it up now!

No worries! Glad you were able to find what you're looking for. It's also worth noting that the emulator "Hypseus Singe" is a much more polished and up to date program than "Daphne" that I recommended earlier, although that one works just fine as well.

On 5/5/2023 at 4:03 PM, HighlanderMarin said:

Even added all available CHD's into the main ROMS directory.

I have several CHDs for my MAME Roms but based on instructions you are suppose to create a folder with the ROM name and add the CHD files inside it. Did you do that ? how did you know which CHD file belongs to which ROM file ? (I don't think they have the exact same name)

41 minutes ago, Martin Garcia said:

I have several CHDs for my MAME Roms but based on instructions you are suppose to create a folder with the ROM name and add the CHD files inside it. Did you do that ? how did you know which CHD file belongs to which ROM file ? (I don't think they have the exact same name)

The chd file name should be the same as the rom name. If you downloaded the CHD files from a reputable source then it will be named correctly after the rom. You just need to make a folder named exactly as the rom and drop the chd file in it. 

You can put the CHD folder anywhere you want as long as you open Mame and show it where the CHD folders are. Otherwise you just place the folder inside the main Mame rom folder. 

15 hours ago, Retro808 said:

The chd file name should be the same as the rom name. If you downloaded the CHD files from a reputable source then it will be named correctly after the rom. You just need to make a folder named exactly as the rom and drop the chd file in it. 

You can put the CHD folder anywhere you want as long as you open Mame and show it where the CHD folders are. Otherwise you just place the folder inside the main Mame rom folder. 

Thank  you, will try. 

image.png.57e00c1791dd060abc6be97e9cfcaf73.png
You put the CHD files into their own folder. Those folders names must match to the correlating game that the CHD is for. Then put those folders in wherever your MAME Roms are being stored. Within the same folder. 
Does that make sense?

The photo above:
The above files contain my CHD files. The below Zip Files contain my MAME Rom Files.