LaunchBox Community Forums

How to disable loop in menu wheel?

urbanoanderson

16 hours ago, urbanoanderson said:

If I have too few platforms in a platform category menu it will show a repetition of items and circle to the begining. Is the a way to disable this behavior on platform lists so that A -> B -> C but C->A does not happen?

image.thumb.png.a9f12e170c5e9e2eab63974141c718a1.png

There is, but it would require that you make changes to the code of the custom theme. Based on the theme you are showcasing there, it's probably a bit of an extensive change to make, code-wise, but it's definitely possible.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the necro but I am looking for the same thing.  I love cover flow themes but they all loop and end up looking awful if you only have a couple games.

I wouldnt even know how to start editing a theme.  Can you point me in the right direction?

To add, I am using "Old Default" theme.  Just trying to find a way to disable the looping menu wheels.

LaunchBox_Big_Box_6_22_2023_2_24_14_PM.jpg

Edited by ATOdinson

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
43 minutes ago, scottvf said:

Where do I look for this to change it. (what folder and file?)

Look in the themes Views folder \Launchbox\Themes\[Name of theme\Views\

If you are using the Default theme you cannot edit it. You would have to copy the Default theme's folder and then rename the new copy to what ever you want. Then you can edit that theme and use it. 

You would need to edit the view xaml for the view you use (Check your BigBox settings >options >Views to see what view you are using). Once you figured out the view type return to the theme's \Views folder and right click > Edit that view's xaml file. You can edit in something like Notepad++ or even Notepad (Notepad++ gives a better coding style look to the document). Once opened search for "coverFlow:FlowControl" (there is only one so finding it is pretty easy). You need to either change the existing Endless property to false, or add a Endless="False" property to the FlowControl.

The section should look like this:

<!-- WHEEL -->
			<coverFlow:FlowControl x:Name="FlowControl" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" VerticalAlignment="Stretch" Grid.Column="3" Grid.ColumnSpan="4" Grid.Row="0" Grid.RowSpan="8" CoverFactory="{Binding CoverFactory}" ImageType="Clear Logos"
				CurveAmount="-2.5" CameraZPosition="3.2" VisibleCount="16" PageSize="6" Spacing="0.9" ItemZPosition="0.7" SelectedItemZPosition="1.1" Panel.ZIndex="20" RotationAmount="12" Margin="100,0,0,0">
                <coverFlow:FlowControl.Opacity>100</coverFlow:FlowControl.Opacity>
				<coverFlow:FlowControl.Effect>
					<DropShadowEffect BlurRadius="10" Direction="-90" RenderingBias="Quality" ShadowDepth="1" />
				</coverFlow:FlowControl.Effect>
            </coverFlow:FlowControl>

In this section of that code you will notice it does not have an Endless property. So you would at it. 

<coverFlow:FlowControl x:Name="FlowControl" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" VerticalAlignment="Stretch" Grid.Column="3" Grid.ColumnSpan="4" Grid.Row="0" Grid.RowSpan="8" CoverFactory="{Binding CoverFactory}" ImageType="Clear Logos"
				CurveAmount="-2.5" CameraZPosition="3.2" VisibleCount="16" PageSize="6" Spacing="0.9" ItemZPosition="0.7" SelectedItemZPosition="1.1" Panel.ZIndex="20" RotationAmount="12" Margin="100,0,0,0">

So it should now look like this (see Enless="False" at the end of the line. Save the file and you should be good to go.

CurveAmount="-2.5" CameraZPosition="3.2" VisibleCount="16" PageSize="6" Spacing="0.9" ItemZPosition="0.7" SelectedItemZPosition="1.1" Panel.ZIndex="20" RotationAmount="12" Margin="100,0,0,0" Endless="False">

2 hours ago, Retro808 said:
dex="20" RotationAmou

2 hours ago, Retro808 said:

Look in the themes Views folder \Launchbox\Themes\[Name of theme\Views\

If you are using the Default theme you cannot edit it. You would have to copy the Default theme's folder and then rename the new copy to what ever you want. Then you can edit that theme and use it. 

You would need to edit the view xaml for the view you use (Check your BigBox settings >options >Views to see what view you are using). Once you figured out the view type return to the theme's \Views folder and right click > Edit that view's xaml file. You can edit in something like Notepad++ or even Notepad (Notepad++ gives a better coding style look to the document). Once opened search for "coverFlow:FlowControl" (there is only one so finding it is pretty easy). You need to either change the existing Endless property to false, or add a Endless="False" property to the FlowControl.

The section should look like this:

<!-- WHEEL -->
                <coverFlow:FlowControl.Opacity>100</coverFlow:FlowControl.Opacity>
				<coverFlow:FlowControl.Effect>
					<DropShadowEffect BlurRadius="10" Direction="-90" RenderingBias="Quality" ShadowDepth="1" />
				</coverFlow:FlowControl.Effect>
            </coverFlow:FlowControl>

In this section of that code you will notice it does not have an Endless property. So you would at it. 

So it should now look like this (see Enless="False" at the end of the line. Save the file and you should be good to go.

CurveAmount="-2.5" CameraZPosition="3.2" VisibleCount="16" PageSize="6" Spacing="0.9" ItemZPosition="0.7" SelectedItemZPosition="1.1" Panel.ZIndex="20" RotationAmount="12" Margin="100,0,0,0" Endless="False">

That works. Thanks. The only programing I know is Basic from 1979 🤣 Programing languages come a long way since then.

• 1 month later...

This should really be changed to be an option in BigBox settings as a global option in my opinion.

It's one of the main reasons I have not switched to Launchbox yet as my main game manager. I know I can edit the files manually to provide the option, but just seems like it should be a settings option and not theme option.