LaunchBox Community Forums

BigBox Marquee / Screen issue

5thWolf

I just upgraded graphics card and my monitors 1 & 2 flipped. Now in BB when i flip the screens to match, both now show on main screen and it does marquee in background and main screen is half size on the screen. If i switch it back to what it was making the screens opposite, main window is fine but marquee doesn't display at all.

All other applications work proper with screens and screen id match. For example wallpaper engine i had to swap just like in BB but it works properly. Its just BB like as if it may be an issue with settings or how BB saved previous monitor 1 and now doesn't like the switch.

Maybe a quick settings tweak can help fix the issue?

Moving the marquee monitor position does nothing, still no marquee images.

I have marquee monitor on top both monitors on native res.

Feels like something needs reset or tweaked in the settings file for BB. Like it remembered something about 2 on top and 1 on bottom and now is conflicting now that its swapped.

This is what it looks like when i set monitors to match actual screen numbers now.

16854899187591503317780603835067.jpg

Edited by 5thWolf

I'm not sure if it's 'right' or even a 'fix', but I recall something about setting the 2 monitors [in Windows Settings] side-by-side. With the primary monitor on the left and the marquee on the right, and then both lined up across the top.

---------------------------      -----------------
|                              |     |       2        |
|             1               |      -----------------
|                              |  
---------------------------

• Thanks 1

I can try that! But Before the monitor swap issue it was working perfectly with marquee monitor on top in windows.

Aso, i miss spoke about the other apps being fine. Wallpaper engine also was backwards. I just missed it because it auto put the correct wallpaper on correct monitor even the the numbers are flipped.

52 minutes ago, JoeViking245 said:

I'm not sure if it's 'right' or even a 'fix', but I recall something about setting the 2 monitors [in Windows Settings] side-by-side. With the primary monitor on the left and the marquee on the right, and then both lined up across the top.

---------------------------      -----------------
|                              |     |       2        |
|             1               |      -----------------
|                              |  
---------------------------

Well.... When i tried moving screen around i did bottom and left hahahahahaha. But when i tried right side like you suggested it help! It works again!!!!

Sad i am leaving behind an obvious issue somewhere. But at least its up.

Wouldn't mind trying to resolve the underlying issue though.

• Game On 1