LaunchBox Community Forums

Error Grabing Achievement Data for Retroachievements on 13.5

4lexKidd

Hi,

a couple of days ago i tried optimizing my snes rom-library and noticed that retroachievements where not displayed on the details pages of the games (despite the badge for achievements clearly showing).
After checking if i could retrieve my profile achievement page (in the main menu on launchbox not bbx) it tried to fetch but ended in "Failed to grab achievement information".
Just as background information:
I run on a windows 10 machine, on launchbox 13.5 but i also tried the current beta branch with no success.

This is what i tried:
- Reinstall launchbox
- Install current beta
- Reset the Retroachievements Data (as well as re-setting my api key there and saving the new one here) -> btw. clicking the test button results in a conformation for the connection
- Checked RA for possible updates on the api or for possible server down
- changed themes multiple times
- Checked for bigbox reaction

Sadly all of them without success.

Last time i know it worked was on 13.4 (i think). I updated a couple of days ago to 13.5 not recognizing, that this broke in the process.

I am at a debugging point where i either believe that the code is broken or i have to set some things on my windows machine, that are nowhere mentioned (for example opening the system on specific ports or something like this).

Can someone give advice on how to fix this?

Best regards,
Kidd

Error_launchbox_achievements.jpg

Error_launchbox_achievements_settings.jpg

Edited by 4lexKidd
Additional Picture of settings

• Retro808 locked and unlocked this topic
6 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Please use the search function for the forum. There have been numerous posts on Retro Ach. not working.

Thanks. This went under my radar.
Explains the cause and guides people, having the same issue as i, to the correct answer.

Best Regards,

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Daniel Breitschaft said:

Same problem with me.
To me the achievement is a feature so important to stay abandoned.

As stated in my announcement. Our hands are tied and until RetroAchievements gets their API back up there isn't much we can do to restore functionality. They've made progress and updated their website with changes required for the upcoming API fixes but they have not announced an ETA on when they expect the API will be back up.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

As stated in my announcement. Our hands are tied and until RetroAchievements gets their API back up there isn't much we can do to restore functionality. They've made progress and updated their website with changes required for the upcoming API fixes but they have not announced an ETA on when they expect the API will be back up.

Do you have a link to that forum post or was that information gleaned from the Discord?  Would love to follow along.

1 hour ago, C-Beats said:

1 hour ago, GrumpyBob said:

Do you have a link to that forum post or was that information gleaned from the Discord?  Would love to follow along.

Can confirm. In their latest news/changelog they state, that steps have been taken to reach the endgoal of bringing the api back up but they havent reached it yet and they can not announce a timeframe when this is to be expected. Sadly this means exactly what c-beats says: retroachievements are currently out of services (at least when it comes to third-party support like launchbox). 

But i read about, that the internal RaEmulators (RASnes9x, etc) with integrated retroachievements support should work normally.

Even though i have nothing negative to say about those emulators i still prefer using LB and wait with playing achievement runs until its fixed. But for you feel free to check if their emulators still grant the achievements.

Edited by 4lexKidd
Typo fix

• 4 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

The "fix" is nothing we can implement, we need to wait for the retro achievements to fix it their end.

Correct.  C-Beats had told us the situation above and said they're updating via their discord.  Was just trying to check status...

23 minutes ago, GrumpyBob said:

Correct.  C-Beats had told us the situation above and said they're updating via their discord.  Was just trying to check status...

Not much status we can provide. Our devs got the information from the RA discord like everyone else. So best thing to do is follow their discord for the best up-to-date status.